Chapter One- Meeting Old Faces

" Ok troops 500 laps! " A fierce yellow mare yelled out to the seven ponies standing before her.

Everypony groaned in response to their captin's order, stretching their wings out slowly.

" NOW!!! " The angry mare yelled.

All seven ponies suddenly sprung into action, flinging into the air and buzzing around the track.

" Better. " Spitfire muttered to herself.

As Wonderbolts, the greatest flight team in Equestria, all the ponies had to take their job seriously. They had to keep in good shape, eat right and most of all, train. Spitfire, the captin of the legendary team, stood on the sidelines watching everypony zoom round the track.

" Ok Rainbow Dash and Soarin, last lap. " Spitfire yelled loud enough that the ponies on the track could hear her loud voice.

Rainbow Dash strained her wings as she zoomed around the long track. It was her first training session as one of the Wonderbolts and it felt like she had something to prove. Plus, she had no friends on the team and surely being the fastest pony would help her make some. In Rainbow Dash's years of school the only ponies that were liked were the ones that could do cool things. Rainbow Dash, the only pony in Equestria that could do a Sonic Rainboom, hadn't learnt to do the until late flight school. In her normal school she had no friends. Everypony else could conjure and apple, run the fastest or be able to do fifty wing ups. Rainbow Dash could only fly fast, so she wasn't noticed by any pony.

' There was that one pony, the pale blue colt. What was his name? Soapy, Simon, Scittles? ' Rainbow thought as she zoomed past the finish marker.

Rainbow continued flying around the track, now obviously lost in her train of thought.

" Hey Rainbow Dash, we were aiming for 500 laps, not 1000! " Spitfire yelled at the rainbow maned pegasus.

Everypony giggled quietly as Rainbow came back towards the group, who were now all standing on the ground.

" Hehe, sorry Mam. " Rainbow said nervously, pushing her mane out of her eyes.

" Ok everypony, today I will partner you up as lead and wing pony and we will be doing the cloud kicking exercise. " Spitfire said loudly to the group of waiting ponies.

Everypony stood in a straight line and waited as Spitfire paired them up.

" Fleetfoot, your with Rapid Fire. Wave Chill, your with Suprise. " Spitfire began.

' Wave Chill! That was one of the colt's names. ' Rainbow thought.

" Rainbow Dash, you will be with Soarin. " Spitfire finished.

Rainbow looked around for the pony who was named Soarin, but there was nopony in sight that wasn't partnered up.

" Hiya. "

" AHHH!!! " Rainbow yelled as a pegasus pony suddenly dropped from above.

" Haha, sorry did I scare you? " The pegasus giggled.

" Hehe, it's fine. Name's Rainbow Dash. " Rainbow said, puffing out her chest.

The pegasus was obviously a stallion, with a pale blue coat. He had dark blue mane that was styled up, with the same coloured tale. On his Wonderbolt uniform a cutie mark as a lightning bolt with wings was sewn on.

" Hey Rainbow Dash, name's Soarin. " The handsome stallion said, sticking out his hoof for Rainbow to shake.

Rainbow blushed as she shook Soarin's hoof. Soarin put his hoof back onto the grass and began to study Rainbow.