Chapter 1

I got the idea for this book from Lottecon 's "From Boys To Babies". By no means am I copying her book because actually, it's nothing like her book. :). If you haven't read her book, please do so. IT AWESOME!!

Special thanks to ObsessedwithChance for once again coming through with an awesome book cover. You people don't know just how picky I can be. XD

***************

The tour had just come to an end in Alaska. But the group had decided to stay for another week, just to go sightseeing and to relax.

Luke and Nate had left to go back to the states leaving Rob, Austin, Adam, Chance, Tim and girlfriends Jenika and Olena behind.

"Alright, so we'll all meet back at Salty Dawg Saloon for supper at 7:00. Is that alright with everyone?" Rob asks.

Everyone agree then leave to do whatever they had planned. Tim, Jenika and Chance had rented a boat to venture out into the ocean. Austin, Olena, Rob and Adam decided to go on a bear watching excursion.

The threesome arrives at the marina where Chance had rented a boat for the day. They loaded everything they had packed onto the boat and set out to enjoy the day.

After a few hours, Jenika decides to go to the cabin to lie down. She was beginning to get a slight headache and wanted to ease it before it ruins her whole day.

Chance had dropped anchor and he and Tim were just lounging on the deck, drinking beer, relaxing and enjoying the peacefulness.

Tim was taking pictures and videos of everything they saw. Whales, dolphins and eagles.

He was looking down at his phone checking out some of the pictures he had taken when Chance speaks up after they had sat in silence for some time.

"Uh, Tim? What do you make of that?" Chance asks with a confused expression on his face.

"What?" Tim asks looking up to see what Chance was referring to.

Chance never said a word, he only pointed.

Slowly moving toward the boat was a large wall of dark gray fog.

It was an unusually warm day for Alaska. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. There was no explanation for the thick fog.

The guys slowly stand up from their seats as they stare at the fog as it crept closer.

"This is just a little too creepy." Tim says quietly as if he was afraid something might hear him.

He quickly starts to take video as they unconsciously begin to back away from the fog as it starts to come aboard the boat.

"Maybe we should head back to shore." Tim says nervously.

"That's not a bad idea." Chance says as he sits down in the driver's seat and tries to crank the boat but with no luck. "Tim, it's not starting."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Tim asks with panic in his voice. "What the hell is going on?"

The fog had engulfed the entire boat. It was so thick that the men could hardly see each other.

"What is that God-awful smell?" Tim asks as he begins to cough and gag.

The stench burned their sinuses and their lungs. Their eyes begin to water as if onion juice had been poured into them. 

Chance continues to try to start the boat in a panic as Tim collapses on the deck of the boat unconscious.

A short few seconds later, Chance loses consciousness and falls against the steering wheel of the boat.

~~

Jenika wakes up and notices a slight eeriness. Even though it was a warm day, chill bumps were on her arms. She was overcome by the feeling of fear. The fear of being alone.

She gets up from the cot and slowly heads for the door leading topside. The only sound was coming from the gentle waves lapping against the side of the boat. There was no talking, the radio was no longer playing and even the sea gulls had gone quiet.

"OH MY GOD!" She screams as she sees her fiance' lying lifeless on the deck and her best friend slumped over the steering wheel.

"TIM!" She cries, falling on her knees beside him, pulling his limp body into her arms. "Baby?" She cries, tears streaming down her face as she brushes back his hair. "Honey, Please."

Tim suddenly gasp for air and begins to cough heavily.

"What happened?" Tim whispers as he breathes heavily trying to get air into his lungs.

"I don't know. I took a nap and woke up to find you guys passed out." She tells him as she places a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm fine, go check on Chance." Tim says as he sits up, placing a hand on his throbbing head.

"Chance?" Jenika calls to him as she pushes him back away from the steering wheel. "Chance?" She gently slaps him on his cheek trying desperately to wake him up.

He too, gasp and begins to cough.

"You're o.k." Jenika whispers to her friend. She goes to the cooler and gets them both a bottle of water.

Tim gets up and staggers over to the seat next to Chance.

"What happened, guys? Did you get drunk?" Jenika asks as she hands them the water.

"No, no I wasn't drunk." Tim says, rubbing his forehead. "The last thing I remember is looking at the pictures on my phone.

"I remember seeing something but I can't remember what it was." Chance says. "And I was sitting over there in that chair. When did I come over here?"

"I was sitting in the chair next to you and I ended up over there on the floor." Tim says with a confused look.

"Maybe we should head back." Jenika says as she rubs Tim on the shoulder.

The guys nod in agreement as Chance turns the key, the motor starting right away.

They get back to the marina, get into their rented car and heads on over the Salty Dawg Saloon.

They arrive a little early so they order themselves some drinks and sit in silence at the bar. Each deep in thought, trying to make sense of what had happened to them.

The others walk in a few minutes later, laughing about something that had happened earlier.

They move to a large table and the waitress brings them menus.

Austin looks up from his menu, fixing to say something to Tim when he notices the menu that Tim was holding was shaking in his trembling hands.

His eyes then shift to Chance, his shaking hand reaching for his glass of water.

Jenika, nervously biting her nails as she reads over her menu.

"What the hell happened to you guys out there?" Austin asks.

*~*~*~*~*

IF YOU ENJOYED THE FIRST CHAPTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY VOTING AND LEAVING ME A COMMENT!!!

*~*  SANDRA  *~*