Part 6

Ainro Point, west of ashen fields

Ainro Point was one of the first settlements that originated in a mostly rural area. Trading caravans would stop there because of the small lake. The area was protected because it was situated at a low-lying area. They would rest and gather water before heading out again. It became a popular area, with multiple groups stopping there at the same time. Naturally, they began to trade goods with each other. Over time, some people built permanent homes there and began to provide services to the traders. Today, Ainro Point is a famous shopping destination, where you can easily hunt down a good bargain. Nomadic traders set up their tents and stalls, eagerly waiting to take the korz of dimwitted citizens.

Anip moved from stall to stall, pecking her head into them to look at what was on offer. Pickings were slim to say the least. Although it was easy to find cheap goods, it wasn't the best place for quality. Having found nothing at her current stall, she decided to move on to the next one. She looked around, it was quiet today. Then again, not many people went out any more because of the Syr crisis. She had spent a week in Roagarde after they cured Noran. He survived the ordeal, but the poison being in his system for so long made him weak. Even so, it was better than him being dead. That would have sent the world even deeper into chaos. After seeing that Grimm had everything under control, she decided that she would head back to see Malory. Yet again, she would be bringing guest home. Abi was still following her around, but she had grown a little used to it. Abi had disappeared somewhere in the clusters of stalls. Anip wanted to look for her before the naïve girl got into some trouble. The market wasn't as busy as it usually was but the traders still called out their offers.

"Jewels, wares, the finest weapons," said one of the merchants.

"I have pots if you have korz," said another.

They called out to her as she walked. She stopped at one that had some shiny ornaments and cups.

"I know someone who would love these," she said. She was referring to Malory's love of all things shiny and metal. "How much for that one?" she asked, pointing to a metal decoration.

"Twenty korz," said the merchant. She stroked her matted green hair. Light green hair was a sign of old age. It happened when your hair lost its original colour.

"Twenty, that's outrageous," said Anip. At that moment she spotted Abi's long golden hair nearby.

"That's the price, no haggling," said the woman, as she smiled crookedly.

"Fine, I'll take it," replied Anip. She forked over some korz and picked up the ornament.

Abi seemed to be involved in some sort of conversation with a man sitting behind a table. As Anip got closer she saw that the table had a cloth spread over it, on top of which were an arrangement of red and green herbs.