You both like me?!

Chapter 1: You what now?

Erin's POV

Today was Saturday. No school, thank God. I was sitting on the couch, daydreaming. My parents and brother, who is only a year and a half older than me, left town yesterday for a week. So I'm all alone. Except... my older brother, he's about 20. He's at college but the college is near here so he sometimes comes for dinner because my mom told him he had to come check up on me while they were gone. He's pretty nice, I mean for a brother, he can be a little annoying but other than that he's okay. My dad is well... kind of strict when it comes to boys and dating and stuff. He says he wants me to stay young forever and that I'm not allowed to date at least not until I'm 25. Ugh. you can just feel the annoying-ness I feel when he talks about me dating boys. My mom is very sweet and kinda shy but she can get pretty angry. When she yells at you, you just want to curl in a ball and cry because you feel so bad for what you've done. But there's a difference sometimes she yells just cause she's ticked and having a bad day so that's when you just need to shut up, Or there is when she actually has a good reason to yell and that's when you beg for forgiveness.

Anyway, enough about that.

I sat on the couch feeling the cool breeze dance through the window and gently brush against my face, moving my hair a little. Suddenly my door bell rang.

*rrrriiiinnnggg*

My head snapped towards the hall which led from the living room to the front door. I got up and opened the front door.

"Hey Erin." Said Daniel. Daniel is a friend that goes to college with my eldest brother, Daniel is also 20 but is a few months younger than my brother. Daniel is nice, it's just I don't know why he would be here. I mean I didn't even know he knew my name, I thought he only knew me as Caleb's sister. (Caleb is my eldest brother)

"Um hey." I replied.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

I moved out of the doorway, let him in, then shut the door. Now we are just standing in the hall awkwardly.

"So I've been meaning to talk to you." Daniel said.

"Um okay, what about?" I asked.

"Well I, um well, I... I like you... more than a friend."

"Oh, I, I'm sorry, but I don't really like you like that.." I felt sorry because he looked so... crushed.

He scratched the back of his neck, in a well-that-was-a-stupid-thing-for-me-to-say, way

"Oh that's fine. It's okay. I'll just leave now. Sorry to bother you." He headed towards the door and opened it.

"I'm sorry Daniel." I said. I could tell it really wasn't okay.

"It's fine." He left and I shut the door.

"Now I feel really bad. Great." I said annoyed.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Hey so this is my first book and this is my first chapter for it. I hope you enjoyed it!! Love you guys!

~C.O.