chapter 1

Maddys pov

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing. I turned over and whacked it with my hand. I stumbled out of bed to get ready for another day of school. I had a quick shower and put my boring school clothes on- which consisted of a pair of black trousers, a shirt, tie and a green jumper. I walked out of my room with my plain school bag.

"Bye mam, I'm off to school!" I shouted to my mam who was in the kitchen. She replied with a simple a ok. I walked out of the house and bump into Rhydian.

"Alright mads?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a bit tired. Race ya to school!" I said, running off to the woods. I heard him sigh but then chase after me.

By the time we had gotten to school, Shannon and Tom were already there, waiting for us. I waved and then went over to hug them, leaving Rhydian to follow.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed.

"Hiya! Liam's back today." Shan said.

"Lets just hope he doesn't do anything stupid again." Rhydian said. All of a sudden, the bell went, indicating us to go to form. We walked into form, which is actually our history room.

"Hi guys, sit down," Mr Jefferies said. We walked to our seats, with Jana already there.

We listened to Mr Jefferies rattle on about something strange all form. When the bell went, me, Jana, Rhydian, Shannon and Tom went out of the room, straight to our science class. On the way, I overheard Liam talking to someone on the phone.

"Oh, so I need some saliva or something with DNA on. Yep,ok. Bye" Liam said over the phone.

"Rhydian!" I whispered when we were in science class. Rhydian had been day dreaming and I was trying to talk to him.

"Huh? Yeah?" Rhydian whispered back.

"I overheard Liam talking on the phone when we were on the way to class. He was saying something about saliva and he will go and get some tonight. Do you think that means he will come back to the den tonight?" I whispered, trying to make sure no one else had heard.

"Maybe, I'll come over after school and we will see if he comes back."

"Rhydian, Maddy! Stop talking and get on with your work!"

"Yes miss." We both said in unison.