Chapter 1

Olivia Wilde as Amelia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having such a nice dream when suddenly a loud scream was heard then a song followed after.

Ahhh

Well you can give me all your love

And anything else you got too

But don't pay it any mind

If it seems like I'm acting cool

I was so scared that I fell off the bed…again. I rubbed my bum on which I usually fall down. My alarm ringtone was Baby I don’t care by Transvision Vamp and I’m sure one day this alarm will kill me either from shock or that I will fall down from bed hitting my head somewhere.

I got up very quickly to turn it off. My alarm clock was on the table which is found at the corner of my room, very far from my bed. I did that because if the clock was next to me then I will just turn the alarm off and go back to sleep which has happened a lot of time in the past. Thus in order to turn it off I must get off the bed. This will make me feel less sleepy too.

I turned off the alarm and saw that it was still 6 a.m. I’ve got exactly four hours to get ready for work. Not that I take four hours to get ready it just that I like to do all my household chores before going to work and I have to go running too  in the nearby park. Hey a person needs to stay healthy and fit. Especially a girl I have to burn all my calories.

I walked slowly to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I don't usually take a shower now as I would go for a run afterwards. I started by cleaning my room first which was so neat… note the sarcasm. I had a date last night and all my things are scattered all around the room. Yesterday I got late to come home and to get ready as I had an important meeting. So for the guy who I was going to see for the first time not to get angry with me I dressed up very sexy. But you know what the best part was. The guy did not show up. He never came. I dressed up for nothing. I hate when people does things like this. And it’s not the first time that it happened. It was the fifth time that I went on a blind date due to my stubborn friend Jordan and colleague too and it was the third time that I got stood. The other two wanted to have just a one-night stand which I’m not comfortable with.

I started by picking up all the clothes and put them back in the closet. I like keeping everything around me clean. It’s something from childhood. As I stayed with my grandma and she was allergic to dust it was me who did all the chores and we were not that rich to afford a housekeeper that’s why I had to wake up early, clean the house while grandma would make breakfast for us and then get ready for school. I had to work after school to get enough money to be able to pay the bills and to use the rest of money for school purposes.  Now I have a decent job and I can afford a house keeper but I prefer to do all by myself. My salary is enough for four persons. I send some money to my grandma and keep the rest for me.

I made sure the house was completely clean before going for my run for about an hour. It was already 6:45 a.m. It was time to go to the park. So I never really introduced myself. My name is Amelia Isabella. I’m 24 years old and I work as the secretary of the owner of Gabriel Enterprises. I live alone and my grandmother stays about three hours away from me. My parents died when I was eight in a car accident and since then I lived with me grandma and she brought me up.

I reached the park 15 mins after. I started my run and at the end I was sweating like a man. My clothes were wet due to sweat and I was starting to feel disgusted. That’s my cue to return home.

Back home I took a shower and put on my bathing robe and went downstairs to make breakfast which was toast and some coffee. I ate my toast while reviewing Gabriel’s schedule for today. I finished after some minutes only and went to my room. I went in my walk-in closet and took out my clothes for today which were a black skirt which stopped at a few inches above my knee. Decent enough! Then I took out a white shirt and my black coat to put on top.  I dried my hair and put on some makeup. I don’t like wearing too much as it was not appropriate to wear a lot of makeup to work.  I put on my clothes and wore my black heels which were not too high. I checked my things once before heading out. Everything checked, I grabbed my keys and went in the parking. I had a BMW car which was all black. In less than one year of work I was able to buy it. So proud of myself! I just love this car. It was so smooth on the road. I turned on the radio and Chandelier by Sia was being played. I sung along with the music.

Party girls don't get hurt

Can’t feel anything, when will I learn?

I push it down, push it down

I'm the one "for a good time call"

Phone's blowin' up, ringin' my doorbell

I feel the love, feel the love

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink

Throw 'em back 'til I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist

Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

But I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down, won't open my eyes

Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down, won't open my eyes

Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight

On for tonight

Sun is up, I'm a mess

Gotta get out now, gotta run from this

Here comes the shame, here comes the shame

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, drink

Throw 'em back 'til I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist

Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier…

I was singing along with Sia when suddenly a dog appeared from nowhere and in order to avoid it I swung, in my car to the other lane and BAM!

“Shit!” was all I could say before going out of the car.