Kate

//Two chapter's in one day? This hasn't happened since my first fic.//

  MAX'S POV

It's been a week since Kate's attempted suicide. She has since returned to school, this will be her first day back in classes. Everything seems to be going great. I get my friend back. Of course being Kate she has already forgiven Victoria. I didn't think I could at first, but Victoria was really affected by what Kate almost did. She has asked for Kate's forgiveness. She's even became friends with Kate and by extension me, begrudgingly however. Victoria and I didn't take long to make up. Victoria may be a bitch to people a lot but you have to consider how she was raised. She is afraid of losing her image, of losing her power. She is scared, I pity her honestly.
      Kate herself seems great. We made our weekly tea date a daily thing. Though sometimes something with Chloe or someone else comes up and I call her letting her know that I'm playing hooky. I do feel bad for leaving Kate out sometimes, but I shouldn't be her only friend. Alyssa has always been her friend among others. They had no idea what Kate was going through otherwise they would have been there for Kate. I wonder if it's because she is upset with her other friends or that she looks at me as her savior that she only wants to be with me. Either way I can't judge her, she has more friends than I do.
       Today is going to be a good day for Kate. She will get back into the swing of things once she gets back to her classes. I am shaken from my concerns of Kate when the bell shrieks. I see Kate stand up from her spot, as usual she comes straight to me. She wears her same cute smile. She is so adorable. I can't believe that Kate hasn't found someone yet she is so amazing. "Hey Kate did you enjoy your classes today?" This isn't my voice, no from behind me Victoria snuck up and addressed Kate before I could get the chance. Kate just nods. Did I mention how adorable she is? "It's was fun. Being in Mr. Jefferson's class is good, he really is amazing. Hey Max now that the day is done do you want to go do something together?" Oh my, she always wants to do something with me alone. It's not that I don't enjoy her company. She has grown clingy, I'm concerned for her. That's when I have an idea. "Hey Victoria would you like to hang out with us tonight?" Victoria seems a little thrown off. The three of them haven't done much since they've been friends. Though she seems to enjoy that idea. "Why not, there is a great Coffee place. It's kind of expensive but it can be on me, as a token of our friendship."

KATE'S POV

Does she think she can buy my friendship? After she ruined my life? What an arrogant bitch, is she doing this to get close to Max? Why was Max so eager to invite her to go with us? Is there something between them? I'll kill her I'll end that rich bitch. No Kate you can't get so worked up, she'll know something is up. Let this coffee date happen. Then I'll deal with Miss Chase in private.
      "Thank you Victoria, that sounds great." Kate knows that Victoria wants to steal Max from her. She won't let her slip away. We head off of campus In Victoria's car. It doesn't take long before the three are at the coffee shop. They order their drinks, they share small talk. Kate fakes a smile, she shares conversation with the two. Though she is wary of Victoria's intentions. This chatting and idle conversation continues for a few hours. Afterwards they go back to the school. The three split up, though something happens that makes Kate almost lose it. "We'll see you later Kate. Vic and I are going to hand around for a bit. It was fun." No, you don't get to be alone with her. I don't trust her! Why not hangout with me? What are you two hiding. Why did you call her Vic? That's it Victoria has to be dealt with. "Ok." My voice is weak and uneasy, it hurts. Why would Max do this to me? I enter my room, I have a letter sent by Victoria when I was in the hospital. It has her picture in it. I tear up, ripping the photo to shreds in a burst of anger. Afterwards I crash on my bed, yes Victoria has to go away.