Stories Brief & Unconnected

Hello, random internet citizen!

This is not my first story; rather, it is an explaination of my intentions on this website. So... here is said explaination. 

Once upon a time, I went to the library. (Actually, it was exactly two days ago, but I am a fan of exploiting commonly used introductory phrases in slightly sarcastic tones in order to present the mundane events of my daily life in an entertaining manner.)

This is what I brought home with me (from the library, which I am restating in case you were distracted by the slight ramble I went on earlier in which I did my darndest to use as many large vocabulary words as I could without utilizing a thesaurus. oh dear... I may have just started to do it again... anyway, back to the results of my library trip).  

     1. William Shakespeare's renowned play A Midsummer Night's Dream (which I read in a day and enjoyed very much).

       2.  One copy of Jasper Fforde's eagerly awaited sequel to The Last Dagonslayer (which I have yet to begin reading).

     3. A singular copy of The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight, as recommended to me by John Green, the reading of which I have not initiated.

      4. The second book in the series of science fiction novles regarding Ender Wiggin, Speaker For The Dead, which I started and which I am enjoying greatly.

      5. And finally, the only thing which is of actual, essential relevance to the story I am trying to convey to you here, Rainbow Rowell's (author of Eleanor & Park, which everybody should read) most recent book, Fangirlwhich has inspired me to both write fanfiction (and other things), and to share it with the world. 

So here goes! This lovely website looks to be a suitable outlet for my writing (though there appears to be no spellcheck, which is irksome...), and this 'work' (as wattpad has dubbed it) will contain short stories (of any and all genres), fanfiction, hell, maybe even poetry; who knows what my brain will spew out, unrestricted and unpredictable as it is...

Have a lovely day!

- Lana ;)