foresaken

There was no one but Bucky. Well, that wasn't entirely true. If you decided that you wanted to be completely , one hundred percent , totally accurate , about the amount of people that were in Starbucks after Bucky opened the letter that Steve couldn't even dare to use words for , you were surely wrong with your assumption. Looking properly , counting the people , the faces that were there with him at the time would give you a total of 3 people. 

Not that many by the infamous Starbucks' standards Bucky can tell you , having come there since 1942 , every time he had to wait in the queue. Bucky waited . Every time the store just opened up in the morning he made sure not to push in because he had time to wait . When they ran out of his favourite coffee and needed to restock ,  Bucky always made sure he and Steve and a backup , second favourite coffee option , so that he wouldn't return empty handed to his room mate and would waste his time and money on something that he didn't really want in the the first place . 

Because he and sometimes , even Steve had both come here since the very day it had opened and they sold coffee for only a dollar ,and, all of the baristas knew their names . 

So there wasn't the question of " What name would you like me to put on that for you ?" Even though they did answer it sometimes just to make sure the baristas remembered them .  Bucky, and or  Steve , when he decidedly took a well deserved break from his constant research and ventured out into the comforting atmosphere of Starbucks , simply just smiled at them and said " I think you've got the name right?" and the barista would then , after taking a few precious seconds to reply to his question would say "Yeah... wait ... Bucky Barnes?!" or "Steve Rogers oh yeah !" depending on which or whether both of the pair were present that time. The baristas always loved seeing the familiar , warm , welcoming faces of their regulars at Starbucks . The amount they'd gotten over the years was something not even Bucky or Steve knew , even if they both tried or hadn't previously to work it out . People came from all over the world to get just one Starbucks and would cherish it for , as long as they could depending on how fast they had it but for sure ,  probably the rest of their lives , while there were the local customers , the ones  that lived in Brooklyn all their lives ,  that  could probably direct you to the place no matter what side or edge of town you were on with their eyes closed , maybe even backwards . It was that famous in Brooklyn . Starbucks .  

The letter however, was still in Bucky's hands. Or so he'd thought .

No matter who was or wasn't in Starbucks at the time, Bucky knew what to expect from Steve's letter. All he needed to do now as simple. Open it. 

If only he'd looked under their apartment door before he'd left.