Chapter One

It was a clear night at Sainy Maints. The caravan stopped in front of a house that looked like the others on the outside, but that held someone important in the inside. The neighbors, as expected in a little town, where clenched to the windows. Inside the house, a girl had her sword prepared and was checking her knifes, always ready for a fight.

The door opened with a low creak, revealing two armed men. They entered, making more sound that they should have, but waited. After them, came a figure that didn't match the armed men. First, he wasn't wearing an armor, second his way of moving around was much more quiet, calculated... perfect.

"Put down your sword Julie" He spoke in a low voice. It wasn't exactly as she remembered, it was deeper, more mature, but she felt like she knew that voice and the way he moved. And the fact that he called her Julie showed her that she was right.

"Give me a good reason too".

"Always a stubborn cow" he muttered "guys turn on some lights please." The guards hesitated so the stranger was forced to add. "I need her to see my face, maybe you don't, but I want to stay alive."

One of the armed guys that was wearing an armor lighted up some of the candles, giving Julie a better view of the stranger's face. She let go her sword, which reached the floor with a loud noise.

"Wh...What are you doing here?" Julie's surprise was justified, as she was seeing a face who had became a ghost for her four years ago. A ghost who was only allowed in her night mares.

"You think I would have let you deal with the armed guards alone" He made a few steps in her direction, but left enough space for her to process his presence. She crossed the distance between them in a single step, and threw herself into his arms. "I missed you too, honey"

"I... I..." she took a step backwards and hit him in the arm. Hard.

"Auch. What was that for?"

"For letting them take me" Her smile faded for a second. And she hit him in the arm one more time. "That was for not visiting."

"I deserve more than that then" That made her smile grow a little.

"Maybe, but i still like you Stephan, so we'll have to settle with that." She picked up her sword as an excuse to avoid eye contact with him.

"I... um... we have to go now" Julie looked back at him, his faced had transformed into an impenetrable mask. She used to hate when he did that. It seemed so easy when he did it.

"Go where?" She already knew the answer, but needed to hear him say it.

"To Mistcrowd, we're going home" Home. She hadn't been in Mistcrowd in four years and wasn't sure if she could still call that place home.

Not after everything that had happened there. Not when her mom and her dad had died protecting her sister, when she should have protected her. Not when her sister died despised everything she did to save her. Not when she lost everything she cared for to hide in a stupid town where nothing ever happened. Not when she was forced to go leaving all her friends behind. Not when they had strict orders not to visit.

Despite all her nightmares and everything that was going on inside her head she said "Let's go." She tried to hide her feelings, but couldn't force herself to say the word home, and Stephan noticed so.

Like that, the neighbors still clenched to the windows, saw the strange lady that had lived in that house for four years lived with the strangers. Some were relief there wasn't a fight, some were disappointed since nothing ever happened in Sainy Maints. But, they all agreed it was better if the strange girl leaved, since she was always armed and never talked to anyone if it wasn't strictly necessary and used to have strange company, also heavily armed, going in and out of the house she resided in.