Chapter Eight

"Why is he here?" Damian didn't look happy about Stephan's presence and Stephan didn't look happy about Damian's.

"Because if he's going to listen about this, I'd prefer it not to be through a door were I can't control what he's or he's not hearing." Julie was going through her book shelf, and was frustrated when her magic book flied away. Stephan was going to offer help, but Damian got in the way, picking Julie by her waist as if she was five and helped her reach the book with his additional height. "Thanks"

She tried to open the book, but dispite her efforts it remained close. "Come on Sasha, I need you now". She said to the book.

"Oh, now you need me. I'm bored, and it's your fault" the book answered. "You forgot about me for a long time young lady." At first it had a voice as if she was an old lady, it was playful, but also strict, the next second it was the voice of a girl.

"I never forgot you, I was taken away, there is a difference." Julie said in a low voice, as if she was afraid someone could hear her. "Please Sasha, I need to look at something now" No one in the room missed the urgency in her tone. Slowly, the book opened herself. Julie sighted in relief. She wasted no time and started to look up for something. "Damn it"

"What's wrong?" Zoe was laying on Julie's bed like she had all the time in the world to relax, but her tone betrayed her confidence mask.

"It's only going to grow stronger." She sighed "Which means I can't get out of this competition. Is it too much to ask...?"

"Of course we are staying, I'm offended you had the need to ask." Damian said with out letting her finish. Julie gave him a little smile.

"I'm sorry, but what exactly is only growing stronger?" Anne asked leaving a tray filled with lunch for all of them on the table.

"The disease, my power, everything." Julie sounded desperate.

"Your power? you have no power." Stephan said.

"I do, it's not as big as if I was queen. But it is there. It has always been a part of me, but I was always capable of disguising it.  And it's only going to grow and grow until someone becomes queen. I would gladly be far away, but I can only learn how to control it, really control it, here."

"Which means we are staying here, no matter what." Said the red haired man. "Besides, we saw the training today and let me tell you princess i would prefer a group of thieves protecting me than your guards."

"Luckily i do have a group of thieves by my side Archer."