Chapter Two

Sherlock's POV
"It seems we are going to have two special announcements, ours and Mycroft 's. Why don't you tell us 'Myc' I know who it is but I'm not going to ruin it for you, go ahead brother mine." I said with a bit of mockery in my voice, I've known about Mycroft and Lestrade for ages now, I'd told John my suspicions and we'd been observing their actions together. They were so awkward about it was hilarious. I was waiting on a playful punch of annoyance from my husband and I looked around to see him trying not to laugh. Then I saw Mycroft give Greg a look and they stood up and kissed across the table, such a boring way to do it. My brother could have done it in a numerous amount of ways but just a kiss over the table, ugh that's so cowardly as well. Just bloody say it, don't be a wimp. I saw a blush on Molly's face creep up and she excused herself to the bathroom. I knew she went to cry about how every man she ever fell for was gay. John said that we have to find her someone special, like us, so she doesn't feel awkward. I can't believe that she never picked up about me not liking her and being gay. I thought it was obvious. Must've kept it hidden like I hid my love for John for however many years before I 'died'.
Finally everyone left after such a tedious day, but at least now everyone knows. Mrs Hudson went downstairs to her apartment, which left John and I alone at last. We cuddled on the sofa whilst John watched crap telly, I planted and kissed on John's forehead and started to doze off. I was woken up by John shaking me gently and saying we should sleep in the bed. I gladly agreed and we snuggled under covers so we were nicely warm. I smirked as my husband returned the kiss from earlier but on my nose instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John's POV
I was really excited about today, we were getting all the items we ordered for our baby's room. Sherlock point blankly refused to go to the shops because 'it's filled with boring people', so we ordered everything online. And it came on one day!!
Once it was delivered we put everything in my old room and started to build the cot, well I did Sherlock started to paint the walls, we decided the colour scheme was going to be mint green and baby pink. I got way too excited about all of this, but it was all worth it. As soon as everything was finished I offered to make the tea as Sherlock sat in the rocking chair that was placed in the corner of the room. As I returned with Sherlock's black with 2 sugars tea I found him asleep as the chair was gently rocking back and forth. He looked incredibly handsome with sun rays from the window above danced on his face, I walked over and kissed him on the head and walked over to get my phone. Little did Sherlock know, well he probably did, that I was making him a photo book of all our favourite moments for our 5 year anniversary of dating. It was all too real that I was about to make a family with my soul mate the one person who loves me as much as I love him.
About 2 hours later I heard an enormous yawn come fro1m the nursery, and I realised that he had woken up. Then the sound of him trying to sneak up on me but tripping over one of his experiments filled the air as we both cracked up with laughter simultaneously. It was these small things that made life so much better.
It was 9 years today that Sherlock had faked his death to safe me and we both knew this but still tried to carry on with the day as usual. Then we got a call from Lestrade about a case and that we had to go to St Bart's if we wanted to see the bodies, it was at this moment that I burst into tears. They just kept coming. I couldn't go back to there on this day, tomorrow, yes but not today, not ever today. I felt Sherlock's reassuring arm wrap around me as if to say he will never leave again. He texted Lestrade saying this 'We will not be coming in today or next Wednesday, I thought I told you this, you know what day it is. My brother, and your lover, should have warned you. NOW LEAVE US ALONE-SH'
It had amazed me how protective my otter was about this day, he obviously didn't want to leave me then, as he loved me then as well but he had to, at least he didn't actually die which I knew he would if he had to. That's what made our love so genuine we didn't have to say it but we both knew we would each give up our lives to save the others. God I love him so much. He was always there for me when I needed him and never deserted me when I need him the most.