Chapter 13

Sophie's POV-
I woke up to see a very concerned looking Alex staring at me.

"You're awake, that's good." He sighed. "So how bad is it?" He asked, stroking my cheek which made me wince a little.

"Ouch." I moaned. "What happened?" I asked confused.

"Well what's the last thing you remember?" He asked with a serious expression.

"Uh... I was throwing up in the kitchen sink." I answered a little embarrassed.

"Okay well.." He swallowed hard. "Your so called 'friend' was talking sh*t about you...so I may of punched him in the face." He smirked at the last bit.

"You what?!" I gasped.

"Sophie, he was talking about you like you were some sl*t and saying how he'd beat me to you." He sighed again, taking my hands in his.

"He said what?! And you punched him?!" I shouted. "I could of dealt with it Alex, you could of gotten hurt." I gasped, imagining Scott beating up Alex.

"Well no one talks about my Sophie like that. And he didn't hurt me, he hurt you, because of me." He said looking pained.

"My Sophie?" I repeated, for some reason my heart melted at the sound of that.

"Y-yeah." He whispered, although I don't think I was meant to hear it. "Let's get you inside." He smiled getting out the car and walking around to my side.

"Thanks." I smiled as he helped me out of his car and led me towards his house. "Why are we going to your house?" I asked confused.

"What would your mum and dad think of me if I let you come home looking like that?" He chuckled, making me frown. Was there something wrong with me? "Oh little monkey come on, you know I didn't mean it like that. You're beautiful inside and out." He smiled, taking my hand.

"I lov-" I coughed. "I mean thanks." I quickly covered up what I was about to say. What is wrong with me!? He squeezed my hand and looked away with that pained expression he had just yesterday.

Once we were inside we both headed straight upstairs and into Alex's bedroom. He smiled at me and made me sit on his bed.

"I'll go get you something for your head whilst you find something to change into." He smiled.

"Like what?" I chuckled getting up and opening his wardrobe.

"I'm sure you'll find something." He said whilst walking out his room heading downstairs. There was no point in looking in his wardrobe because everything would be far too big on me, so I decided to grab one of his t-shirts out his dresser instead. I figured he be a while so I just got changed in his room. His t-shirt stopped about mid-thigh on me, but it would have to do. Just then Alex walked into the room carrying a glass of water and two tablets, he was so sweet. Although when he came through the door and seen me standing there in his t-shirt his eyes went wide as he looked me over, before quickly turning away to fidget with the TV.

"I'll go over to your house and leave a note on the table, just so your parents know where you are in the morning." He smiled, kissing the top of my head before exiting the room again.

I took the tablets Alex had left for me and got into his bed. My head was pounding and my cheek was swollen, so I just lay there in the dark room with only the light of the TV which was on low. I quickly got bored though and got up to grab my phone, which had two messages and five missed calls all from Scott.

23:01
Sophie I'm so very sorry. This is all that pr*cks fault!!

23:05
I don't even know what happened myself, he just saw us dancing and punched me square in the face. All because he's jealous. Stupid f*king lover boy!

I swallowed hard as tears started to stream down my face, how dare he talk about Alex, my Alex, like that.

Alex came back into the room then and rushed by my side once he seen my tears.

"Hey little monkey, it's okay don't cry." He soothed. "This is all my fault I'm so sorry." He sighed. I didn't have any words so instead I just wrapped my arms as tightly as I could around him and sobbed even harder in his arms.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Not really." I whispered. "Look." I pulled back to show him the texts from my phone. Anger spread over his face as he read what I had just read, although I'm pretty sure he was blushing slightly as well.

"That lying d*ck! How dare he.." He trailed off seeing my expression. I was facing the floor, letting a fresh set of tears stream down my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked suddenly worried again. "Is it your head? Here lie down." He pushed me back down on the bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. "Just wait there, I'll only be a minute." He promised as he turned and shrugged out of his shirt and jeans, before turning back to me and climbing into bed. I didn't even care that he was in his boxers, I could hardly see him through my tears in the dark room anyway.

He pulled my tightly against his chest in the bed and cuddled me, until I managed to calm down a bit.
"W-what did Scott mean?" I managed to finally say.

"What?" He gulped.

"What did he mean when he said you were jealous and he called you lover boy?" I asked, my heart racing awaiting his response. He thought about it for a couple of minutes before answering with, "I don't know." My heart sunk at that and I just nodded my head. I didn't really know what to say after that so instead I just tried to sleep, fortunately that wasn't too difficult as the tablets we're starting to kick in. I soon fell asleep in Alex's arms, and for that I was grateful.

Alex's POV-
I just lay there listening to her breathing as she slept, god she was beautiful. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep after what happened and I wasn't just talking about the party. In the car I could of sworn Sophie was about to say she loved me, maybe I was just imaging what I wanted to hear though.

I lay there completely still, my arms wrapped protectively around Sophie, and just got carried away with my thoughts and constant replaying the events of the party. Although I think it was about 2ish when my heart literally sunk. Sophie had been talking in her sleep, much to my amusement of course, but she had said something. Something that made my heart burst into a million pieces.

She said she loved me.