Chapter 1

I never thought I would be able to sprint this fast. My adrenaline was spreading like a drug through my veins, as I was unconsciously encouraging it. I carelessly stomped and trampled over broken twigs and fallen pine cones as I raced passed tree and tree. God, I felt like such a cliche: girl running hopelessly into the woods, away from the monstrous murderer. Funny thing about my situation though, I don't  know who or even  what I'm running from. Just then I heard his voice in my head again.

"Caia...," It coaxed, "You're never going to escape."

The last bit was like a sultry whisper. I pictured it giving me a devious smile, wherever it was, which only made me run harder.

**********

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I've been repeating the same word in my head for the past 30 minutes. My calves are killing me, my lungs feel like a fire ripped through them, and I am now soaking. I don't even remember when it started to rain. I shouldn't even be walking right now, I should be running until I physically can't anymore. But I have a feeling he'll find me weather I walk or run and I'm no good if I'm unconscious and can't defend myself. The road, that I've been walking on, seems as though it could go on forever. I held my hand above my eye's to try to see if I could see any sign of a house, town, or car.

"I am going to die." I said aloud.

A loud rumbling of a car's engine, however, was the universe's way of saying,"Oh no you won't." The noise that came out of my mouth just then probably couldn't even qualify as being human, but I was so filled with relief, I did not give a flying fuck.

I desperately waved my hands above my head to get the drivers attention, and only stopped when the truck came to slow on the side of the road. I prayed, to whatever God that was listening, that my savior wouldn't be a rapist or a pedophile. My mother would've smacked me upside the head for thinking that way, but because of the events that happened a couple hours ago, I felt entitled.

I watched, with hope and precaution, as the truck's door opened with a creek. A young man, probably in his early to mid twenties, stepped out of the car with a newspaper over his head. He looked about my age, but I refused to let down my guard.

"Hey!," The man yelled over the pounding of the rain, "Are you alright?"

Of all the times people have asked me how I was doing, simply out of habit and good manner, I always said "good"or "fine", because frankly, no one could give a damn how anyone is really doing. But for the first time, I responded with,

"No." 

**************************************************************

Okay well there will be more to come, obviously. I hoped you got some enjoyment out of this haha and stick around because chapter 2 is going to gooood. Oh and by the way The MC's name is pronounced "Kai-ya" Alrighty then until next time my dears...

~Jacquie