Preface

Time...

Creation...

Life...

Light and Darkness...

Fate...

Each one bound to the other, and yet owe their allegiance to none.

Countless lives owe their existence to them, yet still believe that their lives are their own.

Infinite entities govern these lives, holding them together in one seamless balance...

Yet if something were to happen, these lives would blame one thing and one alone- Fate.

Time has been a witness to this sacrilege... yet they are forgiven, for they would never understand the domain of power held by Fate.

They are never meant to; for Fate is something beyond the comprehension of even the Gods.

Such is my doom.

In every verse, in every age, in every life have I remained; unseen, unheard, unforgiven...

I have no beginning and no end...

I am ancient and yet young...

I am my own master, and yet I am bound to everything in every creation...

In every soul do I reside; in their voices am I heard; I am seen in the way the world sees them; I’m felt in the way life feels them...

Hear me, mortal...

Hear my voice, my wisdom...and my agony...

For I too have suffered; I have been dwelling in those sufferings and they are in me...

I am Fate...the Doomed and the Accursed...

Hear me, mortal...

In this life, two sagas have unfurled themselves within the Fabric of History that I and Time weave together; the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.

Two sagas which changed the face of the world...and of all mankind.

Yet there is one other, to which everyone and everything must owe their lives, their allegiance and their gratitude.

They and their seeds...

Even I owe myself to this one tale, for it changed everything that was designed. It changed the Gods, all of humanity, the creation...

And me...

A spell lies upon this wretched piece of Time; to be forgotten...to be lost...

For, should that part be revealed, the grief would be too terrible to bear.

Or so we thought.

Foolish we were to think that mankind would never change, would never be anything more than weak...

Yet here you are; changed than ever, grown beyond measure, stronger than ever, ready forever...

And so, it is time for the greatest of all sagas to be unveiled; in it lies the key to opening the door out of this chaos and this darkness of heart...

Hear me now, mortal! Hear now a tale of redemption, of unbound sacrifice, of bound salvation and...Of a pure heart...

Hear now the agony of one man, who changed the very foundations of Creation...

Hear now, mortal; hear if you have a heart...