Prologue

August

I'm such a bad person...

I couldn't take my mind off of Riley.

Riley and I have been best friends since fifth grade. I remember when we first met at a pet shop, it was the summer before fifth grade and  I wanted to buy a kitten but my parents wouldn't let me because my dad's allergic to them, so they offered to buy me a bunny. But there was Riley, holding the gorgeous fluffly light-brown cat that I wanted so bad. I remember walking up to her and ask her if she was going to buy it.

"Yes, my mom's already paying" she said and I frowned, I was so jealous but there was nothing I could do.

"Sweetie, are you ready?" my mom asked me and I nodded. She had already paid for my black bunny with enourmous blue eyes.

"What pet did you get?" Riley asked me.

"A black bunny" I responded.

"How did you name it?"

"Sky" I said and she smiled.

"That's pretty" she giggled "Mine's called Arizona"

I was like, "She's so cute"

"Sweetie, let's go" mom said and I nodded.

"I gotta go, take care" I said and petted the cat before I left.

After summer, I met Riley again at school and I asked her about Arizona, she said she was fine and invited me to her house that afternoon. We spent the whole afternoon petting Arizona and brushing her perfect hair. That's how we started our friendship. After a few years she became popular because she was really pretty and loved parties. Not that I didn't, I actually love parties just not the way she does. She has hooked up with most of the guys at my school. Plus, she is really tall and has blond hair, which is what attracts guys the most. So she's kind of a leader at school, but a nice one. Everyone loves her, although we're like sisters, is hard not get jealous when other girls call her their bestfriend, which is so not true because Riley and I made this sister pact four years ago that says we're eachother's one and only best friend and we'll always stick together no matter what.

But then I'm here, going through all the promises we ever made hoping we'll still be friends when she gets back from Europe.

------

So this novel is completely written by me, I wrote it with as much love as you can possibly imagine. No, this isn't about me in case you're wondering. I love each of my readers and it would mean so much if you gave this a chance. Love you all!