Chapter 5: The Scent

Rewritten 2-20-23

While Cozbi slumbered up on the living plane with her trusty Hell Hound, the depths of the Underworld stirred as the guardian of the Gates awoke restless.

The great terrifying Cerberus sniffed the air quickly awakening his other heads. Cerberus growled from deep within his powerful chest in delight at the most alluring scent that his nose picked up. Something delicious Cerberus stood at his monstrous height with a monstrous-sized member making itself known under the great beast, aching.

The smell was no food, something way better than food, Cerberus looked up toward the world above knowing the scent was coming from the world of Terraneou. That sweet scent of fresh morning dew after spring showers, a fertile Mate. All the heads shared a look before rushing deeper into the Underworld.

Cerberus entered a room more composed, a throne room as he become engulfed in red smoke where three men now stood kneeling down in front of the throne.

"Hades." The middle man greeted the ruler of the Underworld.

"I know Cerberus, I sense it as well. I will allow you to head out and retrieve your Mate, please make it quick. I do know your Mate is traveling to-the-now kingdom of Operiel. I believe King Draken would be displeased with your presence." Hades told Cerberus.

"We'll make haste master Hades." Cerberus all said together with devilish grins before fusing together again.

"One more thing." Hades stopped Cerberus. "Another Hell Hound is accompanying your Mate. It's Jaheel, yet I do not know the reason for his mission. Figure out the reason and if need be, terminate." Hades said lastly waving his hand for Cerberus to leave.

Cerberus nodded his massive head then turned and dashed out of the throne room making his way straight toward the Gate following the ever-divine scent of his Mate.