Steven Johnson

On October 24,1999 I was born when I was old enough to understand my dad told me that I was a test tube baby. I didn't figure out my dad was a homosexual until I realized there were men coming in and out of the house everyday and when I turned 15 years old my dad told me that he was a homosexual.

It was a quiet Sunday after church me and my dad just got home my dad knocked on the door and said," Can I come in", I said,"Yes". My dad explained to me that I could turn out a homosexual because he told me that I could inherit it from him .

By the the time I was a senior in High School everyone knew that my

dad was a homosexual I was picked on because my dad was more open to his sexuality the only one that didn't pick on me was a girl named Asia Thomas she could understand how I was feeling because her mom was a lesbian. Everyday at lunch it would always be me and Asia siting at lunch with each other everyone would walk past us and say,"GAYS", we would always put our hoods over our heads and feel ashamed.

Our math teacher named Mrs.Thomas would tell us just to fight threw it and don't pay attention to these other bad ass kids they just want to bring you down because you have something that they wished they had. At 7 o'clock my dad came to one of the parents meeting and my dad was sitting next to this student and he said,"Eww Nigga you gay".

When my dad came home upset because what the student said I began to think I should kill myself because I've been pushed down,shoved in other kids lockers, and rocks thrown on my way to school and even when I leave to go home. At midnight I decided to say my goodbyes to everyone and everything I loved. After I said my goodbye I walked into the kitchen and grab that kitchen knife I raised it up and right when I was about to put it straight to my heart my dad walked in.

Dad: Steven what are you doing

Steven: I'm killing myself dad

Dad: Why?

Steven Because.... you are a homosexual and I always get bullied for this shit dad I didn't ask for this for you to be ....

Dad: To be what? Please tell me son

Steven: Your...Your... Gay

And then my dad looked at me in disgust and then he just said," Please son (crying) don't kill yourself you all I have I probaly kill myself if you did this please please please don't kill yourself. I said to my dad," Ok I won't kill myself but I do need help". Ok Steven we'll get the help you need.