|:~:||Chapter 1||:~:|

Everyone knew him. Groups of teens, like I, saw him every hour of the day. He played for us, as if he was lost in a trance.

We called him Mr. Sharp, though for educational reasons, he was Mr. Smith. He was well known around the area.

He was one of the nicest men you could meet. Helped you with anything, though he mostly kept to himself.

He'd let you take your time in his class, he's also understanding. And although you could do whatever the hell you wanted, he was serious and made sure you put in as much effort as possible.

"Could you play me this?" He would always give us something new. He was different from most teachers, I knew that.

A lot of us were convinced that he had some other job than teacher at this school.
The way how after teaching, he'd be over at that piano softly singing some unknown song under his breath.

You'd peak into his room during his planning period and instead of working away on his computer like other teachers, he'd be jumping around air-guitaring.

When you go up to his desk, you'd see him with headphones in with some editor open and as soon as he'd notice you there, he'd save and close out of it.

If you were lucky enough, you'd hear what he'd sing.

Personally, I've had yet to find out. Others have come up and said something about "hero of time" or some battle related phrase. But sometimes there would be a person to say some type of love song.

"When you walk away, you don't hear me say,

'Please
Oh baby, don't go.'"

Simple and....something.
I've heard it was very beautiful.

I walked over to him, I just wanted to hear what he says...or more of sings.

"Just promise me, that you'll never leave.

Why can't you see, this life was meant to be now,"

"You look so much like someone I used to care for, but now they've gone away.

A life of darkness is bound to try and tempt you, so promise you won't stray.

Please...."

He stops. Playing, singing...everything.

"How long?" He asked without turning to even show that he knew I was standing there.

I stared, confused. And as if he knew, he sighed,

"How long were you standing there?" He finally turned around to look at me. I took notice into his glasses, he'd wear them all the time. Now it was rarely.

"Not very," was all I could say.

"Well then I'll see you tomorrow in class." And he got up, and left.