Chapter 1

Erika's POV

Why do I always cram?! I have plenty of time but I chose to sleep. Well, who cares? No one expects from me anyway. Mom? She's with her new family now. Dad? Well I should say he's the same. But fortunately they both send me a lot of money weekly. It's like having luxury without doing anything at all.

So back to cramming! I have this freaking Research Paper that could save my life from this college and I need to pass this! 10 minutes more and that shitty professor won't let me anymore. Where can I print my files...? Ah, there's one beside the gym!

So I ran quickly to that gym and gave my flash drive immediately to the staff there.. Damn he's so slow.. THERE. It started printing but damn I remembered this paper has waaaay to many pages and the printer doesn't cooperate at all. When the printing is finished, I ran outside as fast as I can. I saw a guy heading my way, probably he'll be printing something too since he's got a flash drive himself. He's wearing a training attire but who cares. I saw a glimpse of his face but just a glimpse but distinct. But it didn't matter so I ran faster headed to the building where my professor is.

I kept panting, running out of breath. Damn! I should have done this before so that I won't feel this kind of shit every single term. I am not looking at my watch because I'll just be adding pressure to myself.

I reached the goal, I mean, the office where that shitty professor should be and luckily, he's there. So I ran to him and gave my papers. I looked at the time and I am not late! Thank God!

He scanned all of it for a while and when I'm about to go out of that hellish office, he called to me.

"Moriyama, your papers are incomplete! This is what you get for cramming things up! You fail!"

I turned to him, surprised of course because I know I finished it all last night!

"There must be a mistake, sir! I mean, I triple checked those papers!"

"Lying won't make you pass, Moriyama. I'll see you next term, with the same subjects then.."

I am used to this stuff but this time I really hate to be with this professor. And for the first time, I saw my parents' faces, those happy memories we had, and for a moment there, I feel guilty. They've been working in my shadows but I keep on being a failure.

"Can't we do something instead, sir? I mean, can I fill in some stuff so I can pass this semester? Please?"

I saw his smirk. It was all drawn in his face. Expecting something dangerous. I got goosebumps.

"If that's the case.. then, maybe I'll be able to help you."

"I'll do anything sir, I promise."

His smile widened. "I'll give you my number, text me your address and we'll talk about it." Then he gave a little piece of paper with his number in.

I am scared. Very scared of what he may do. But I don't have a choice. Why do I need to feel this guilt?

Then I get out of that office. I saw someone with training attires again. Maybe the same guy. He is holding some papers, maybe he'll pass it to someone too. Our eyes met. Damn he's hot. He smiled at me and we broke eye contact.

I decided to head straight to home after that. I get into my car and started driving.

When I arrived home I just slept and decided to escape reality.

--

When I woke up, I showered. After that, I decided to go to a club and again, escape the things that I don't want to think about. I dressed up just fine. Black blouse, shorts and sneakers. Just put a red lipstick on and a cap then I went outside.