Chapter 1

The bus doors opened up and a swarm of people got on. I understood that it was because of the time that I decided to ride the bus but I regretted sleeping in that morning. I was a little tired because of an art report that took up close to the entire night and so I tried to catch up on my rest. It was that moment I saw her. She was sitting right across from me reading a book, but I couldn't see what book she was reading because a Barnes and Nobles cover was on it. At first I didn't think much about her. Sure she was pretty, but she wasn't exactly my type. Yet at the next bus stop I opened my eyes and checked if she got off. When I knew she didn't he felt a wave of relief.

A bit of hair fell into her face and blocked her view of the book. She blew the piece of hair up and the moved it back into place. That gesture was adorable, and I realized my face was getting hot. An old lady got on the bus and she moved up from her seat and let the lady sit. She moved in front of me and she held on to the hand rest above me. That's when I knew I fell for her. Everything in front of me was a blur and I was sweating, in the middle of December. My hands were shaken and I kept taking quick glances at her. That's when I told myself that I would talk to her if she doesn't get off at the next bus stop.

It was three stops from my bus stop and she wasn't getting off. That was good, I told myself that I would definitely talk to her if she gets of my bus stop. But at the next bus stop she got off, and before I knew it I got off as well.

"Excuse me!" I yelled out loud. She slowly turned around, her long hair trailing behind.

"Hello...?" She looked at me as though I was an old friend.

Before I could even think, the words poured out of my mouth, "I think... I think I'm in love with you. I-It was kind of love at first sight, i-if you don't want to that's okay I just..."

"Thank you, that's the nicest thing anything has every said to me." She slowly said, with tears filling up her eyes. "Of course I'll say ok."

Around ten minutes later, her tears became tiny trails. She looked up and smiled at me. "You know, sometimes I wish I could be the rain. That way I don't have to mind about the people around me and cry whenever I want. Then maybe people would understand me."

I didn't really understand, but I felt like I understood what she was talking about. It was pushing my time, and I was going to be late. But I didn't mind, I just wanted to be with her. She looked at her watch and pulled out a notepad. She jotted down something and gave it to me. Then she started tearing up again, and for a split second, she grabbed at my hoodie and smiled.

"See you tomorrow!" She yelled out, looking behind her every couple of steps and waving really big. I opened up the folded note and read what she wrote. 'Tomorrow in front of the fountain in Central Park -Maelee'