Summer in our Dreams

It was the first day of the summer, I didn't know how we were going to spend the next three months. We hadn't gone away in years and I was hoping we wouldn't get stuck at home doing boring stuff like cleaning and going to the pool. Apparently Mum's planning something big this year (according to my older brother Thomas). He's been sneaking around looking at her email inbox, there was confirmation for some cruise in Europe (hopefully we'll be attending).

Anyway, my name is Nora, I'm one of identical twins, my sisters name is Zora, I'm older by 10 minutes, we're 11, there's also my older brother Thomas (Tom for short), he's 15. I'm going to tell you what happened in the best/worst summer of my life.

Yesterday, Mum told us that we were going on a 2 week cruise in Europe (what a relief, we were going). We acted excited even though we already knew but we didn't know we were actually going! Mum said we were going to Europe in 1 week which gave us 5 days to pack because we had to fly to Europe.

It took me 3 days to pack, even though when we were about to leave I was still trying to find my iPod charger and other things (trust me, when my parents are outside in the car ready to go and I'm still in the house finding stuff they are never too happy). On the plane trip to Europe, I was so bored, all there was to to was reading books, and boring stuff because my iPad and iPod had died and there wasn't any power points on the plane so I couldn't charge them. Zora & Tom were listening to music and they wouldn't let me listen too. When we got to Italy (that's where our cruise started), we booked into a hotel for 1 night because our cruise didn't start till the next day. Tom, Zora and I were so excited because we hadn't been on a holiday in AGES!!

Zora & Tom were nagging me to go with to have a look round town with them, so I did. We had tons more fun than we'd had in a long time. I took my wallet just incase I saw something I particularly liked (I LIKE a lot of things) and wanted to buy it I could. After about 2 hours wandering the streets and having a great time, we headed back to our hotel, we were bored.

The next day, we woke up really early to get ready, I was ready first (of course), because I think I was the most excited. We went out for breakfast at a local restaurant, it was really yum! After we ate we headed back to the hotel to gather our things, and headed for the wharf so we could get on our cruise ship. A lady collected our tickets when we walked onto the boat, and she gave us our key to our room and we walked up to it.

Our room was HUGE, even though it was kinda obvious why, because the room was housing 5 people der! I had my own bed for once (normally I share one with Zora) and it was so comfortable, soft and relaxing. "Nora will you come and explore the ship with us?" yelled Zora and Thomas as they came into my room, "Sure" I answered back, wanting to go with them. Mum said "Nora, don't forget to take a map of the ship with you, you know just incase", I yelled as I walked out the door "way ahead of you Mum, already got one". We had a great time exploring the ship, we wore our swimmers on our adventure because there were pools on the ship & we thought we might have a swim. There was also a theatre, water slide, candy bar, painting class and some other fun stuff.

When it was about 1:30pm, we found one of the restaurants on board and ordered a quick lunch before heading back to our hotel room, where Mum and Dad had obviously ordered room service or something because there was prawns, sausage rolls, pies and lots of other things. Mum said "you hungry?" and Thomas, Zora and I yelled in unison "Yes, please".

___________________________________________________________________

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading, hope you like the book so far

Will update soon

Mimi.xxx