Chapter Eight

"Grandpa. I- we-" I stuttered, but he cut me off.

"No, no. I just drank about 3 glasses of Scotch, so I'm probably hallucinating, but I think you and your step brother we in pre- fucking position." He swirled around what was left in his glass before shooting his head back and swallowing it in one gulp.

"Make that four glasses." He set the glass down on the counter. Before clapping his hands together.

"So Harry, this is what you were talking about." He smirked, moving his finger back and forth from my direction to Harry's.

Harry through his head on his hand, and brushing it through his hair. He nodded.

"Wait, you told him!" I hissed at him. Grandpa tapped me on the shoulder, and raised a finger.

"Honey, Harry tells me everything. I know more than his own father does. It's been that way since he was a boy. Now he's a man, secretly sleeping with his step sister." He slapped Harry on his shoulders, smiling widely.

Why was he proud of that?

Grandpa James leaned forward and whispered something in Harry's ear, and Harry nodded, smiling a dimpled smirk.

"Wait- what did you say? What did he say?" I turned to Harry, my hair flipping over my shoulder, and Grandpa shook his finger before walking out of the kitchen.

"Harry," I begun before Grandpa popped back up.

"Sorry, forgot my scotch." He snatched the bottle off the counter, not even bothering to grab his glass.

"Harry." I continued. "I wish we didn't have to be like this, but our parents are married. And-"

"That has nothing to do with us. They can't determine how we are. There not writing a script for us. I want to be with you, and if I have to keep it a secret in order to do it, then I will. But I fell for you rather your my step sister or not." He stared into my eyes, and I knew that I felt the same.

"I know. I really like you too. And I wish we could choose how our story goes. Whatever script was written for us, I want to rip it to shreds just as much as you do." He rested his head against mine.

"But it can't be like this. Besides, I'm 17. I've got to be going back to school soon, and as far as I know, until 3 months , this is illegal." He just shook his head.

"I'm sorry it has to be like this. If I could change it I would." My head fell. I felt the tears well up before I continued.

"ARIA! HARRY! COME SET THE TABLE!" Matthew bellowed from the dining room, interrupting me.

"KAY!" Harry shouted.

"We better..." he jerked his thumb to the side and turned around. I speed walked in front of him and he grabbed my arm.

"Hey,"  He rested a hand on my small shoulder."I do have feelings for you, Aria, but we knew what we were doing was wrong from the start. It had to end somewhere." He nodded as he shoved his hands in his pockets and walk in front of me.

We walked to the dining to find my mother setting candles and Matthew setting out placemats.

"Honey, go get the salad out of the kitchen." My mother shooed me off to get our-more than certain- delivered dinner.

I jogged to the kitchen and grabbed the large bowl of salad out of the refrigerator that my mom had made yesterday for "diet purposes". I began to toss it with the tongs before adding the salt and pepper.

When I brought the bowl back, I saw 7 plates of food that looked so good.