{24.} FINDING DORY

dedicated to @lucinda2015 and @pikatu108 for making #DoryProtectionProgram, you guys are awesome 😂

Dory's Perspective

|| When I woke up, I woke up slowly. I looked around again. At first it took me a few moments to realize where I was before relaxing. I missed Jesse even more now. He would always wake up before me. And when he did, he would make me food and clean up my apartment. He would make me blueberry pancakes, with three blue berries on top and one blue berry on the side, just because he knew I would like it. But I couldn't have that. Jesse was gone. I shook my head and leaned up.

I looked around again, searching for my clothes. Yet as I frowned I found two things on my bed side table that I wasn't expecting to see. I gasped. It was my ukulele, and a small black box. "My uke!" I grabbed it quickly, pulling it closer. I hugged it tightly and sighed. "I missed you..." I whispered, kissing the ukulele and looking at it again. I then looked over to the black box again. I had never seen it before and I had no idea what it was. I slowly leaned over and picked it up. I gasped as I opened it.

Sitting inside was a card. I could clearly see it has Jesse's signature on it.

Finally got your necklace fixed :)

Love,
Jesse.

My eyes began to water again. Inside was my goldfish necklace, the one he promised to fix for me before seeing me again. He...he kept his promise. Maybe he did love me. Maybe he did want to kiss me again, maybe he did want to put his arms around me again! I felt so happy! then, reality settled in.

This was a old card. He thinks I'm dead now. I slowly closed the box and put it back on the nightstand. He's gone now. I have to accept that. So I picked up my ukulele and started to play my song.

"Now I can move onto facing...big girl problems..."

I suddenly stopped playing as I teared up. I shook my head and tried again. I felt the tears starting to build up more and more in my eyes, yet I wouldn't give in. I started playing again.

"No more high school drama, graduated--"

I stopped again and gripped my ukulele. I shook my head even more. I squeezed my eyes shut this time and put my ukulele to the side. I sighed and began to sing to myself the song I hadn't sung in years.

"I don't even know myself at all, I thought I would be happy by now..."

That was it. I suddenly burst into tears, sobbing and wailing as I pulled my knees up and rocked back and forth. I couldn't just leave Jesse behind. I couldn't just sing a song and wash the pain away, as if he were just a mean customer or a bad day. I just couldn't.

After a few minutes I dried my tears and looked to the box with my necklace in it again. Then, I looked to where my clothes were. It suddenly hit me, I realized where he would be as I looked to my watch. I smirked to myself and grabbed my ukulele before jumping out of bed.

"I have to find him."