Ch 21

I haven't been myself since the Nina incident and I know what me being together with Nina is not good for her right now, now matter how much I love her. I decided to go today break up with her, for her own sake. When I walk in I see a bright smile on her face, she's the bravest person I know, how does she not hate me? "Hey Nina" I say while giving her some French fries I bought her. "I'm happy to see you" see says. I start to feel tears coming, "I need to talk to you about something Nina" I start. "But before I saw anything I want you to know that I love you now and and I will never stop loving you with all my heart" she looks nervous, "what's wrong Gastón?" I start again, "Nina we can't be together anymore, it's not good for you, seeing the person who ruined your life, every single day, pretending everything is okay when we both know it's not" I start to cry but continue, " I'm the reason you're in that wheelchair Nina and I will never forgive myself, but I don't want to to suffer and be reminded of that everyday, so I'm letting myself go from your life, for your own good, no matter how much I love you" before she can even say anything I walk out the door, I don't want to see her reaction, I know this was what needed to be done.