Shooting with a Macro Lens

A/N: The video (>>>) is of Colton Haynes, the actor I've picked to play Benjamin Bloom!  Aside from his overwhelming good looks, he seems like a genuine guy!  I hope you like my choice! ;]  I'll update within four days.  That gives me enough time to write a rough draft, change my mind a thousand times, re-write parts and finally upload it. 

Macro lens: Allows the photographer to focus on extremely small objects, making them seem larger than in real life.

                “Welcome to One Hour Photo, where one hour is all it takes to make your memories last a lifetime.  My name is Meredith, how may I assist you this evening?” I spewed in the cheeriest cheer I could muster, though I’m certain the stranger could tell it was faked.  A deaf man could have.

                The man standing across from my counter was tall, but not in a jolly-green-giant way like Aaron.  His shoulders were broad, evident that he must have been accustomed to some type of physical labor or working out.  Judging by the navy blue, long-sleeved fitted shirt and relaxed fit jeans he wore; I assumed it was the latter.  He seemed nervous, reaching his muscular arm behind his head and anxiously scratching at his clean cut auburn hair.  He blushed as he looked at me, which surprised me to say the least.                               

                “You must be the newbie,” I groaned.

                “How’d you guess?” he inquired, immediately flashing his slate blue eyes to meet mine.  He seemed caught off guard, though his voice was deep and smooth.  Considering his nervous demeanor, I would have never believed the velvety words escaped his mouth if I hadn’t been looking straight at him. 

                “You’re blushing and you’re nervous.  We both know it’s not because I’m the hot model type,” I said matter-of-factly, looking down at my plain attire and simple hair.  “The only other plausible reason for your behavior must be you’re embarrassed for being,” I looked down at my watch snarkily and continued, “oh just 45 minutes late to your first day on the job.”

                He reached his hand to the opposite side of his lips and scratched it, as if he were thinking of what to say.  He seemed to be a bit older than me, but probably not as old as Roger- definitely out of high school but not past college years just yet. 

                “You’re observant,” he finally decided.

                “I know,” I boldly replied because it was the truth.  I had years of practice.  If you weren’t observant in my house, then you could mis-read my mother’s mood and get yourself into a whirlwind of a disaster.

                “Meredith,” he simply stated, catching me by surprise at the mention of my name.  “About being late, I can’t tell you how sor-,” he began, but I cut him off before he could continue.

                “Hh..hhow did you know my name?”I stuttered out. 

                “Uh well, you said it.  Earlier.  When I walked in, you said your name.  Apart from that,” he smirked and reached his hand up to my shirt.  “You’re wearing a name tag,” he continued and proceeded to flick my name plate by releasing his middle finger from his thumb.

                 “Right,” I said dragging the word out in an attempt to play it cool.  “You’ll see.  Once you get the hang of it around here, you won’t remember saying the welcome schpeel either.  Besides, it’s been a long day,” I said, running my hands over the front of my apron to smooth out the wrinkles from when I had been sitting.  “Look, I really don’t care why you were late.  You get paid hourly, so that’s your own money out of your pocket.  But don’t make a habit out of it, okay?”