Still I rise...

My name is Annaliese and before my world came crashing down piece by freaking piece my life was…perfect.  I was happy. I loved my family and they loved me, and despite our daily disputes my older brother, Derek, and I had a close relationship. I had amazing friends, Rachel,  Monica, Roy, and Mario who stood by me through thick and thin; friends who I had been raised with and I’d give my life for. My best friend, Rachel, was my sister, maybe not by blood but my sister none the less. My pack was peaceful and one big happy family.

But, the one thing I loved the most about my life would have been my mate, Adrian. He was loving and caring. He was my brother’s friend and 2 years older than me. He was the heir to the Alpha throne and once he turned at the age of 13 into his wolf and realized I was his mate he was at my side at all times. We had been together for 4 years and he was considerate, loving, caring, and understanding with me. He accepted that I wanted to wait till I graduated to complete the mating process so he still hadn't marked me to keep from any complications.

At the age of 15 my life went tumbling down. I was torn apart and pushed down till I hit rock bottom, but I was strong; I would never bow down to defeat. The one person destined to be there for me destroyed who I was, destroyed me.  I couldn’t stay down for long; I wouldn’t.