Chp1: Paris Awaiting.

Like every summer, this summer too she had experimented with her hair, she had put purple back streaks, which weren’t exactly standing out but looked amazing. She had aced her graduation and was looking at the acceptance letter for her dream colleges, one for culinary and one for journalism. This summer she decided that she will take courses and figure out her pathway clearly.

Barging to her room you see a girl clearing off her desk, glaring at the softboard filled with things she loves and people she loves. This was the year her brother had returned. That meant she had to give up one of her cupboards, which also meant her cupboard was overflowing with colours and styles of dresses of all sorts. Not much had changed in her style, it was a bit dark but with class. Her sisters work helped a lot, she was an online stylist. She grew out of things she loved, especially the one thing which brightened her day, the 5 lads who could put a smile on her face, who were as weird as her and as perfect as a diamond, the band which helped her believe that you could be weird in a perfectly good way, and whose songs were her only jam, she realized she was too old to fangirl over them, but nonetheless heard their latest songs anyway. This was the British-Irish boy band who had once filled her walls and her heart, the walls are One Direction-less now, but she still remembers the excitement of driving to the concert. She smiled as she stacked her one direction merchandise and posters.  

She then opened something she hadn’t gone through in a long time; sure she put something in now and then but never really remembered all of it. There were things from a stick on nail to movie tickets to broken pendants, everything that made her remember a level of life she had completed.

She then, after hours of spending and recalling all her life decisions good and bad, she got 2 cartons and labeled them stuff I need and stuff I need but telling myself I don’t; well obviously all the old unwanted clothes went in the 2nd box (barely any), and her regular stuff went in the first. And soon there were 4 more cartons of stuff I need whereas the other box was just half filled.  The whole day passed with this, soon she was standing in a room with an empty cupboard, surprisingly clean and nothing-everywhere-messed-up dressing table, and a studying table which looked abandoned.

She spent the evening looking for courses and flight tickets which her brother helped her buy, and blogged about it.  She then removed her savings and counted up her savings that came upto 4 grand and thought just 11 more; She removed her suitcase packed her too many essentials and went to her parents room and announced “I’ve decided I’m going to Paris for a month.’’ The reaction was pretty incredible, it started with a lot of how-could-you-not and ended with fine-but-you-need-to-take her parents were proud of her decision and let her go on with it.

“PARISS AWAITINGGGG’’ she yelled on the phone to her bestfriend, “Come over. Nowwww.”  Ofcourse she had plenty bestfriends but only 1 who was her reflection, who knew exactly what she meant without saying anything, who was her go-to and her partner in crime, 2 years younger, her sister really, she had seen this girl grow, luckily she stayed only a lane away so she came over, then.

“Do I need to carry this dress, it looks so good right? But where will I wear it? Ahh who cares, it comes with me.’’ Did I mention her 2 only loves by the way? Food and Clothes. Yes she was the kind who meets people at coffee shops for ‘coffees over conversations’ and not the other way round. And she falls in love with clothes she can’t buy. She saves money for food, and celebrates stuff with shopping sprees. Aside from this one thing you would always, always find with her is a camera if not her professional one, her phone camera, she was obsessed, always has been, she thinks that photography lets… me view things from my perspective, lets me live my fantasy and more than that after its clicked nobody’s opinion can change it, mine is the only one that matters to it. Her philosopy to this was more than anyone except the mirror could understand.

“What are you going to eat there?’’ ‘’what am I not going to eat there?’’ the conversation of food went on for a long time before she finally said ‘’its late, we should sleep, I need to leave tomorrow..”  With that they both fell asleep.

Morning came to Her with the lyrics of Just Lose It, stupid alarms. She woke up her bestfriend who was sleeping on the floor matress, smiled and said “I’m finally doing what I want from today.’’

“what you’ve wanted has been waiting for you till today, you just didn’t know it.’’