Pilot

"Thomas, I'm already late for work.. yeah, yeah I'll meet you for lunch... Where?... Ok fine see you there love you", I said as I hung up my silver IPhone, and walked into my office.

I am working on my 5th article for the New York Times. I am also getting ready to marry the love of my life, Thomas Edwards.

"So was that the Edward...", Kat, my best friend said through the mail slot between our offices.

"Yeah, we are going to lunch today".

"Oooooo where!".

"La, Leé's", I said with my best Italian accent.

"Oooooo fancy. So have you decided who your maid of honor will be", She raised an eyebrow.

"Well actually that's what we are going to talk about over lunch", I turned on my computer and started writing down on a peace of old paper all the ideas that came to my head.

"Well, you know we have been best friends sense, like, 8th grade, just incase you didn't remember... Tryin to figure out what the new article will be on?".

"Yup, any ideas?", I said looking through the little plastic slot.

"Oh! Why don't you write on how it feels to be planning the biggest wedding in New York History sense... Well sense some time ago", She handed me the invitation I gave her 3 months ago.

"I don't know, you think people would really want to read about that?".

"Um, yes! Your marrying the richest and most handsome man in New York, besides his brother...... of course people will want to know what that's like!".

"Well, alright. Supposably Thomas's  brother Samuel is his best friend and might be the best man, so who ever I choose as my maid of honor should be very lucky", I raised my eye brows at Kat.

"Well again, I have been your best friend sense 8th grade".

Of course I'm going to pick Kat as my maid of honor, she is my best friend, it's just fun to hear her 'hints'.

*Lunch*

"Hey babe", Thomas stood up as I met him at the table and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hi, did you order yet?", I asked. 

"Yes, I got you smoked salmon, and a bottle of champaign for us to celebrate!"

"Great! So I wanted to show you these, because the colors for the wedding are blue and...".

"Oh yeah! I meant to tell you Sam is going to help you plan the wedding, he didn't want to but I thought you could use the extra help".

"What!? No I thought you were helping".

"See I totally would, but I definitely don't want to", Thomas shrugged his shoulders.

"But your brother is a jerk, I only meant him once and that was at your family's annual Christmas party 2 years ago. And he had two girls he barley new, one on each arm".

"He's changed, Sam's much more responsible now, it's been 2 years, trust me".

"But...", before I could finish my sentence Thomas took a phone call and walked off.

Gee, that man is such a jerk, At the Christmas party he was in a about $500 suit and had what looked like a stripper in each arm. He was telling me how I should go 'fetch' him some food, and when I told him I was a guest he laughed and walked off. I have no desire for that man to be helping, let alone go to my wedding. But because I'm the best fiancé in the world I put up with the spoiled brat for Thomas.

It's going to be a very long two months...