Sparkmates

The next few days were normal. Shadowfire, Starscream, Soundwave, Knockout and Breakdown were all Autobots in disguise, secretly getting info from the Cons and giving it to the Bots. But Shadowfire started to sense that not all was right with Megatron. Every time she was around him, he would just act...weird. Today she decided to confront him about it. 

''Lord Megatron?'' Shadowfire says as she enters Megatron's quarters.

''Shadow, what is it?''

''I noticed that you have been acting rather...strange.''

''Strange?'' Megatron said as he stepped closer to the Seeker.

''Well, I mean every time I'm around you, I notice that-''

Shadowfire was cut off, when Megatron kissed her. Shadow was surprised that, Megatron, of all the mechs would kiss her. She took a few seconds before she could comprehend what was happening. Megatron was kissing her. 'Oh well, this is juuust great.'

''I want to love you Shadow, but...'' Megatron said after pulling away from the kiss.

''But?''

''...I...I just...can't.''

''Why?''

''Too long of a story to tell.''

''I have time.'' Shadowfire was curious about what this story might be about. 

''Well it all started back on Cybertron...'' Megatron, for the first time, opened up to someone about what happened on Cybertron. He told Shadow about Quicksilver, a silver and golden Seeker he'd fallen in love with long ago. Megatron wasn't sure if she loved him back, but he was overjoyed when he learned that she wanted to sparkbond with him. He was so happy during that time. Quicksilver would go to every one of Megatron's duels in the Pits of Kaon, she would always cheer him on, and of course, Megatron would come out victorious. Within the next few months Megatron met Orion. They'd gotten along quite well, they became almost like brothers. Then one solar cycle when Orion was off work, Megatronus decided it was time Orion met Quicksilver.

''Orion, I'd like you to meet my sparkmate, Quicksilver.'' Megatronus said as he introduced the Seeker.

''Hi.'' Quicksilver said, shyly waving to Orion.

''Hi.'' Orion said back. ''Quicksilver, I'd like you to meet my sparkmate, Elita One.'' A pink femme stepped out from behind Orion, ''Hello.'' She said.

They all got along well, except for a few arguments which ended in Orion and Megatronus dueling each other, but besides that they were all great friends...Until the war.

Shortly before the war began, Megatronus shortened his name to Megatron, and Orion Pax, received the Matrix of Leadership and was renamed, Optimus Prime. 

During a battle with Megatron and a few Decepticons, Elita had wandered off, chasing down Soundwave. Optimus got worried for his sparkmate and commed her, ''Elita, where are you?''

•Tracking down Soundwave.•

''I'm coming to help.''

•I can handle Soundwave. You deal with Megatron.•

Optimus sighed, ''If you insist.'' He went back to the task at hand, fighting Megatron. They were battling for some time when Optimus felt a pain in his spark. 'No.' He thought. Megatron noticed that Optimus was grasping at his spark chamber. ''Optimus?''

''Elita.'' Optimus said, barely a whisper. He transformed and headed to where Elita was, trying his best to ignore the pain in his spark. Megatron realized what might have happened, 'He's lost a sparkmate.' Megatron was actually saddened. Losing a sparkmate was like losing yourself. If your sparkmate dies, you feel their pain as if it was your own, and yet you do not die, but you want to. Living, and knowing that you've lost a sparkmate...is more than one can bear. It is a terrible feeling. One that even Megatron was afraid of feeling. He couldn't imagine his life without Quicksilver.