Chapter 1- Tutor

Let me introduce myself. I'm Leah. My parents don't care about me. Well they used to. My younger brother died in a car crash.

They somehow blamed me.

I get beaten by both my parents and sometimes even my brother.

MONDAY

it's a typical Monday. I wake up at 6 and jump in the shower

After my shower I dress like I always do. Some skinny jeans and a floral top.

I put on light makeup only to cover the bruises.

I walk downstairs to see the house is completely empty

I grab my book bag and start walking to school. My brother refuses to give me rides to school so I'm forced to walk.

After a 20 minute walk to school, I see the building of my nightmares.

I always thought school was where I could feel safe. That was until my brother started beating me.

I quickly scrimmage to my locker. I get all my books that I need for the day and head to my homeroom.

LATER THAT DAY

so far today I haven't seen my brother so I guess it's a good day.

Right now I'm sitting in Math class which is my most favorite course at this school.

Ding.

Excuse me could we get Leah Paxton to go to the principals office?

Of course

Oohhs and ahhs were exchange throughout the room.

I quickly walked to the principals office. But not before my brother spotted me.

"Well well well. Little miss whore gets in trouble."

I ignored him and kept on walking until I got yanked back with a strong force

"Don't ignore me!"

"Why do you hate me Jai? What did I ever do to you?" I cry in frustration.

"Dillon died. When it should of been you!"

Hatred. That all I could see in his eyes.

He let me go with only a couple slaps in the face which was better than what he'd usually do.

I sit down in the comfy red chair in the principals office.

"Ms Paxton, you are the best student at this school. Because of that you need to tutor one of our delinquents."

"Ok sure."

"He will meet you in the library for study hall."

I scrimmage out of there and head back to class

FREE PERIOD

I quietly sit at one of the tables waiting for the person that I was tutoring.

My face turned to the library doors as they crashed open.

You have got to be kidding me.

Hayden Matthews walks in like the god he is. Hayden is the quarterback for the football team. 6'4 jet black hair, and mesmerizing green eyes. He was the typical jock. Girls wanted him and guys wanted to be him.

Please tell me he's not walking over here.