Chapter 1: A Pink Slip of Paper

Toby Rogers frowned sadly at his papers on the old, worn, chipped, wooden desk. The gum on the underside of the desk was driving him insane everytime one of his hands brushed past it. The bell had rung for the classes to start yet the teacher didn't make her appearance and the class grew louder in their talking, more obnoxious, and Toby was due he saw a unopened water bottle fly across the classroom at one point.

With a heavy sigh Toby slid down in his chair. His arms dangled on either side of the chair lifelessly. Staring at his lap Toby risked a glance up at the class to see the same water bottle from before, or so he thought, now half full fly into the teachers favorited mug sending it to the ground. It shattered. The class went silent as they stared at it before glancing at their friends now unsure of what to do.

Toby watched silently reaching up and grabbing his headphone fully prepared to place them on his head and blast music into his ear drums.

"What it going on in here?!" The teacher finally made her appearance in the door way holding stacks of papers in her arms. The class scrambled to their seats, fumbling for an exuse, when she spotted her mug in pieces on the white tiled floor. Making her way into the room Toby placed his headphones down letting his arms drop back down.

"Who broke my mug!?" Her voice came out at little less than a yell. Toby's classmates all started talking at once trying to blame their friends. Toby heard every excuses they uttered until the last one overruled the others and he stiffened.

"Ms. Collins! Toby threw the water bottle and it hit and broke you mug!" The class looked around before yelling an uproar of agreements at the angered teacher. Ms. Collins made her way down the row of desks to where Toby sat wide eyed and tense. He couldn't believe his classmates through him under the bus without a second thought about it.

Ms. Collins has reached his desk and now stood with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Well Toby I'm very disappointed in you. I thought you were better than this" Toby opened his mouth to protest when she held up her hand "I don't want you excuses all you classmates have said that you have done it" Toby reeled back in shock.

"But Ms. Collins I-" Toby sat forward in his chair determined to tell his teacher the truth and that he had not done it. Ms. Collins just stuck her hand in his face.

"No buts! Give me your phone, and headphones, and take off that ugly hat of yours while you at it." Toby blinked at his teacher for a minute, before sighing and slumping back in his chair. "Now Toby!" She barked at him and he found himself obeying fishing his phone from his pocket he went to place in in her hand but stopped short.

Ms. Collins snatched his phone from his hand and held out her other. Toby frowned slipping his headphones off from around his neck handing them to her ungratefully. Ms. Collins turned walking back up to the front of the class taking her keys she stopped just behind her desk, taking one of her keys she unlocked a drawer. It squealed as it was pulled up and Ms. Collins dropped his phone and headphones into it. Toby winced st the bang that resounded through the room when his stuff hit the bottom of the drawer. His classmates watched with smug grins, snickering at the fact they they got away with what they did.

Sadly for him Ms. Collins wasn't done with him yet and she grabbed a pen clocked the back of it on her desk before starting to write on something. There was the sound of ripping paper and Toby groaned at the sight of the pink slip of paper she she now held triumphantly in her hand as she made her was back to him. Stopping in front of him one again the pink slip was slammed into his death and his beanie ripped off his head. Ms. Collins stommped back up to her desk dropping his beanie into the drawer with the rest of his stuff. Using her knee his teacher shut the drawer with a bang and locked it closed. Toby slumped down in his chair as his classmates continued to snickers covering their mouths to hide it.

"Well, now that that's finished let's review what we did yesterday" Ms. Collins picked up one of her markers uncapping it writing on the board, "Who can answer this question for me?" Toby glanced up at it reading it before looking back down at the pink slip of paper on his desk. He felt sick as he picked it up and read it over. He had detention. He ran his fingers through his blue hair and sighed softly. Folding the pink paper up he placed it in his pocket as it taunted him, telling him he had no choice but to go.

"Toby!" Toby looked up startled seeing the teacher standing at the board with her arms crossed. "Answer the question" Toby panicked reading over the board for any inkling of what the question was. No such luck, and he felt him self gulp.

"I missed the question" Toby looked around the room at his classmate who were trying to contain their laughter. Ms. Collins glared at him before calling on some one else to answer the question. Toby lowered his head staring at his books quietly. Opening his notebook he flipped a random empty page picking up his pen he tapped the pen on the paper watching the tiny blue dots appeared on the page before he drew random lines to connect the together.

Ms. Collins turned to looked at them as she assigned their homework and everyone took the opportunity to start their usual chatter as their teacher made her way to her desk pulling down her skirt in order to sit down, then straightened her suit jacket. Reaching forward she started typing away in her computer while the noise of the chatter grew.

Toby looked to the board seeing the homework pages he head to do. Writing them down on a new blank piece of paper, he closed his books wanting to have something to do while he was in detention after school. And Toby wasn't looking forward to it.

***

i have no idea what to put here.

but I hope you liked it, I wrote it a while ago on paper so I don't know really know how this will play out yet. But hey I have school today so I have all day, and I might publish another chapter later.

please comment, I don't mind your criticism, it helps me get better at writing, so knock yourselves out. Not literally.

And just so you all know this book is also on my account I have on Quotev. I am also Unless4ever on there so I am not stealing this book from somebody else

-comment
-vote
-follow

-until we meet again
-Unless4ever