Inspirations???

As I promised on my wall from my latest post, I'll be telling you what inspired me to write Just A Glance and School. Well, lets get started.  

Just A Glance

It started off with an accidental eye contact with this guy at uni during my first year about an year ago. I immediately got this feeling that he had just stared into my soul. I felt a tingle run down the centre of my heart. I tried to explain that weird encounter to myself verbally but couldn't so I decided to use words.

Hence, the idea was born. Through poetry, I was able to express my thoughts and feelings on what I had experienced and it was only just a glance...

School

I got the inspiration to write this piece after our 2016 academic year got terminated following more than eight weeks of boycotting of classes because the PM didn't want to step down following allegations against him.

After the decision, I felt lost even though the announcement wasn't unexpected. My destination in my education life became uncertain but I knew things happened for a reason. So,  I wrote the poem School describing events occurring at that particular time of my life.

Well there you have it. Those are the inspirations behind the two poems Just A Glance and School. I hope your interpretation of my poems matched what I wrote above. If it doesn't, then it shows that you have a creative imagination. 😃

If you want to know the inspiration behind the other poems, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page and I'll get back to you.

Thanks again for all your views. It means a lot to me 😘 Happy weekend!!!