Rise of The Bephians

It was once thought that the state of the Earth was at peace. Humans working together to meet each others needs and to just blatantly keep peace and harmony throughout the world. It was only until a new "race" began to rise up among the humans, in which they would later be named as the "Bephians". The Bephians were very similar to humans in fact, however they were a bit.. Different. By different, I mean that the Bephians were somewhat similar to animals, as they would show various traits of animals. These "traits" could range from having the wings, talons and eyesight of various birds, or even having the claws, scent of smell and agility of a wolf. Days after this new race was found. In a short time span, did tension rise. After this time of of tensions, these two races began to work together in harmony and peace to survive for thousands and thousands of years. However, a new present-day group began to arise among the humans and began to influence them greatly. The humans began to develop technology and.. abilities to begin to outcast the Bephians in which they enslaved and took out 1/4 of the population of the Bephians. This would now create a huge war between the Humans and the Bephians, even putting the state of the Earth into utmost chaos. Half of the remaining population of the Bephians would now go into hiding or even create settlements to just live and survive with each other like they did thousands of years before.  Some of these settlements even grew into large cities, beginning to be filled with both humans and Bephians, these being known as more neutral places to live. Now we get to the other half. After a while of hiding, one large faction of Bephians grew and began to fight back against the humans as some sort of "Revolution" this day in age would later be known as the "Rise of the Bephians". After months of fighting, rumors began to fill the world that again, another small faction was beginning to fight against both the Bephians and humans to once again, make the state of the Earth, peaceful once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a semi warm Fall evening, the sun was slowly drifting into the clouds as night was beginning to slowly take over the skies of Earth. A boy was flying through the air from what it seemed to be, Falcon-like wings which reached a wingspan 3.4 ft were coming out of the boy's back, which obviously enabled him to fly. The boy looked like as if he was about 17 and had the height of about 5'11". The boy also seemed to be fairly fit for his age, but nothing too out of the ordinary. The boy also had long, messy light brown hair which was chin-length at most, he even had light green eyes. He was wearing a black tank top, blue jeans and a light shade of black, boots. He even wore black wrists bands too, he looked like an average teenager really, just with.. Falcon-like wings. This boy was named Artemus, a Bephian like many others, however he lived in an area of what was New York City, which turned into a neutral ground for both Bephians and Humans alike.  

"WOOOOHOOO!!" Yelled Artemus, his wings flapping gracefully as he did a flip in the air. Artemus was flying around the Empire State building, others seemed to be watching him on the ground, and others carrying on with their day. Artemus flew next to the tip of the top part of the Empire State building, only hanging off with one hand grabbing onto the tip and his feet laying on the side of where he was hanging off of. Artemus grinned at the sight of New York City, he enjoyed seeing the sight of the Bephians and Humans living among each other like they had thousands of years ago. The last bit of the sun shined onto Artemus's eyes which blocked out his eyesight, in which he accidentally tripped and fell. Smirking as he yelled once more, "YAHHOOOO!!" Artemus than flapped his wings once more, as he did a flip in the air and landed gracefully onto the ground below him. He landed in front of a small shop, which he knew the owners and got along with them quite well, they even granted him discounts and free food most of the time. 

"Artemus is here!" Artemus yelled as he tried to walk into the front door of the shop. A man wearing a casual outfit with an apron came out of the back room. The man had short dark brown hair and a dark brown beard. He was quite muscular too, someone you didn't exactly want to really mess with in a hand to hand fight. "Artemus!" He says with a happy tone to his voice, "How are ya?" He says to the Artemus that is currently trying to get through the door of the shop with his wings and all. "Not bad!" He replies, finally get through the door. "What about you, Oliver?" He asks with a big smile, "Eh, I'm fine." He says in a monotone voice while he cleans a glass cup, "The usual eh?" Oliver says, looking up to Artemus. "Yeeeep!" He says a bit jittery. "Oi, Susan!" Oliver yells to his wife whom his in the back room, "I need a turkey and ham sandwich with extra mayo and lettuce, the usual!" He yells over, "Coming Hun!" his wife yells back.