What I Wanted

Milly´s POV:

"Todays dinner isnt too fancy, im not used to this kitchen plus i didnt had too much time to do anything else so i ordered pizza." Mom said smilling coming back from the kitchen

"At least we have packed all the things in their place..now we can enjoy our new home" Dad said joining mom at the dinning room.

I dont understand why they´re so happy about moving out, we were happy back at our other house. I was happy. What am doing here? They say we have a purpose in our lives, but how can i go on with mine, if im not where my friends are,well my only friend and bestfriend Dylan and Mrs.Elliott,my ballet teacher.

"So did you got that deal that you´ve been working on lately, Jacob?" Mom asked dad while she sat down at the dinner table next to dad  after paying the pizza guy. I got up and went to the kitchen and grabed a slice and joined them at the dinning room.

"I still havent, im meeting the clients tomorrow, i might arrive home late." Dad said looking down as if he was thinking about something.

"And you, Milly, arent you excited to go to your new school?" Dad asked looking at me as if he was hoping for me to dont answer. I lay the slice of pizza on the plate and look up at him. He knows i dont make friend so easily as he does deals but he still tries to see me as this outgoing, extrovert girl when im the opposite. I just enjoy being in my quiet place, looking at the stars at night.. reading a good book... listening to some song.. those that make us think about our life in every aspect of it.

"I´ve told you since you decided to move out, to dont worry about me...you already have enough to worry about. Going to a different school in the middle of the semester is nothing to worry about..especially in the last one."I said rolling my eyes

"Im not worried, i know you will do great just like you always do." He said smilling

"We´ll always be proud of you Milly" Mom said intertwining one of her hands with one of my father´s.

Great, just what i needed..They have their hopes up for me at school again. Again. I wonder how they´d react if i had at least one B, and the rest A´s..they´d probably think i was sick. I would feel bad if i ever would let that happen..after all they have done for me. Like, letting me get a job, the one which I can no longer go... i quitted, something that I never had done before..gave up on something. Having a job was just something i wanted to get because i wanted to prove to my parents that I can support myself when finish high school and go to university. Thinking better about it they havent done anything for me. Well thats a thing i need to think with more attention and accuracy. But later not now.

I grab the slice of pizza and finish eating it.

"Evelynn, so are you going to start tomorrow at Brent´s law firm tomorrow?" Dad asked

"Yeah! I´ve called him, to know all the details, he even wanted me to have the day off since we just moved but i insisted in starting tomorrow. " Mom said

"You´re always working, you need to take a few days off, darling" Dad said caressing my mom´s hand.

"You know i cant. My clients depend on me." Mom said taking her hand away from dad´s hand.

"Well my clients also depend on me but you dont see me working 24/7!" Dad said annoyed

"You know dad, thats where you´re wrong about yourself..you´re always working. When will you find time for your family? " i said looking at my dad. I got up and looked at my mom "This is for you too Mom.." i said

"Milly..we always have time at weekends.."Mom said

"Mom no, stop. Just stop trying make things look better than they really are. This is wrong. We arent a family. You two spend weekends out most of the time, its either one of you staying at the weekends or none, so dont say we spend time with eachother because we dont." I said holding tight with my right hand on the end of my shirt.