6.

i. coming out

The Samwell Men's Hockey team was currently hanging out in the kitchen; Bitty was in the process of creating the lattice for the top of his pie, Ransom and Holster were trying to convince Chowder that they would be the better person to go to a deserted island with, Shitty and Lardo were debating Haus rules with Shitty occasionally claiming that Jack backed him up and Nursey was just watching Dex try to fix Betsy again. Dex was wearing ripped jean shorts, exposing his thick thighs and his shirt kept riding up as he kept sliding under the oven and out of it to get tools, showing off his happy trail.

Nursey was trying his hardest not to look but evidently, that wasn't working out.

Bitty suddenly stopped making the lattice and turned to the rest of the team, gesturing for them to be quiet, after a few seconds of silence, Bitty asked, "Who is playing 2010 Rihanna outside the Haus? I mean, I don't have a problem with it because 2010 Rihanna was a goddamn blessing but who is it?"

The only response was Dex hitting his head on the oven before sliding out with a groan asking, "Bitty, what's the time?"

Bitty looked down at his watch and said, "5.30."

Dex jumped up, wiped his hands on the back of his shorts and grabbed his phone from the top of the fridge, all the while muttering "Shit, shit, shit."

He left the kitchen before running back in and saying, "I have to run but the oven's fixed, for now at least and I'll probably go back to my dorm after I've finished. Bye," before he ran off to the door and out the building.

As soon as they heard the door close, the entire team ran to the kitchen window to see what was going on. There were two girls in the front and one in the back of the car, the three of them dancing dramatically to the song that was playing, and if Nursey was listening correctly, it was Rihanna's Only Girl In The World. As Dex reached the car, the girl in the front passenger seat got out and hugged the fuck out of Dex before moving down the seat and allowing the driver to hug Dex over the seat before he moved to the back and hugged the girl in the back.

The whole team sat back down, only this time it was in silence.

Chowder piped up first, "I'm not trying to be mean but did anyone else find that weird?"

The whole team let out a chorus of yes's.

"I mean, I always thought Dex didn't like contact so I respected his personal space but he hugged the fuck out of those girls like it was nothing," Holster said.

"Not to mention, neither of those girls are white. I'm not trying to be all judgemental, I'm just saying girls like that aren't normally friends with Republicans," Bitty mentioned.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. The whole Samwell Republican thing is a joke, bros," Shitty said, with a mouth full of the cookies Bitty had baked before Betsy broke down.

The whole team turned to Shitty and didn't say a word, "Since when?" Nursey asked.

"Since he told me that?" Shitty replied, confused.

"I mean, since when it has been a joke?"

"Since he came to Samwell, duh."

"Holy shit, if he's not a Republican that means we've been wrongly assuming shit." Holster said.

"Like what?" Shitty asked, sounding a little tense.

"In our defence, we did think he was a homophobe," Nursey.

"And a racist." Ransom.

"A little sexist too." Bitty.

"But!" Chowder said, acting as their saving grace, "No one ever really said oh wow Dex, you're a shit head. Everyone sort of just questioned why he was a narrow minded dick, I guess?"