Prologue (1)

MISTY

"He promised. He's a liar, Misty...get that through stubborn head. It's been years, he's probably forgotten about you," I whisper to myself, holding onto his hat while hot tears were springing from my eyes.

I'm a mess. Messy knotted hair, dry tears stuck to my face, old sweatpants and a giant t-shirt with a Psyduck on it.

"Misty?" Daisy says quietly, opening my door slightly.

"What?" I croak, my voice strained and hoarse.

She sighs. "You can't keep doing this to yourself, Misty. You should forget about Ash. Go travel, make some new friends, maybe get a boyfriend. Forget Ash. Me and your sisters and worried about you. So are your Pokemon...you can't ignore them, they love you."

"I can't Daisy. I just can't, I loved him and he said he loved me too. He gave me his stupid hat and I gave him my mini Misty and my heart, I bet he threw it away by now, just like he broke my heart."

Daisy walked towards me and took a seat on my bed. "I know you can't forget him, but try to. Go travel Misty, catch water pokemon, follow your dreams. Become that Water Pokemon Champion you wanted to be, we'll handle the gym."

I sighed. Should I? It could be fun. And I could forget him.

"Okay, I'm going to travel to Hoenn and the other regions."

"Great, we already bought you a plane ticket. Your plane leaves tomorrow morning, start packing! I'm proud of you Mist," Daisy says, getting up and walking out of my room.

I sigh. Am I really doing this? Yes, I am. I get up slowly and walk to my closet and get some clothes out and go into my restroom.

I get in the shower, letting the cold water run down my body and I wash my hair thoroughly. After I get out of the shower I pull on some blue pajama shorts and a shirt with a Piplup on it. I brush my teeth and head for bed. I'm ready. I'm ready to forget.

I lay down and stare at the ceiling blankly. What happened? It seems like just yesterday I fished Ash and Pikachu out of that lake. But it wasn't yesterday. It's been four years. I'm not twelve anymore, I'm sixteen. I can't cry over him anymore. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

When I wake up, the first thing I hear is the Pidgeys chirping outside my window. I quickly get up with a yawn and run to the restroom.

I wash my face and change into a white crop top with red flowers on it and jean shorts and some white Converse. I brush my hair and pull it into a loose ponytail.

I get a backpack and put some clothes in there along with other necessities. As I'm about to walk out my room, I see his hat resting on my floor. I pick it up and set it on my head. It's a bit worn out but but that doesn't matter to me.

"Morning Misty!" my sisters choruse from the kitchen.

"Hi Lily, Violet and Daisy!" I chirp, a grin playing on my lips. I don't know why but I feel happy. I guess it's because I'm going to do what I love : travel.

"Here's some breakfast and some money and all of your Pokemon are in their Pokeballs," Lily says handing me a paper bag, a little pouch and a another pouch with my Pokemon.

"Thanks guys," I say, hugging them all.

"Be careful Misty!" they yell.

"And have fun!" Violet yells.

"Will do! Bye!"

As soon as I get to the airport, I take a deep breath and throw one of my Pokeballs up into the air.

"Azu!" Azurill chirps.

I pick it up slowly and kiss its forehead. "We're going to Hoenn, Azurill!"

It smiles up and at me. Hoenn here I come. I step onto the plane, Azurill in hand and take a seat at the back by myself. Within a few minutes, we're off. A new beginning for me. I'll be the best water Pokemon trainer ever. And I'll do it alone.

It's been a a while since I've written any Pokeshipping so I guess I'll just write this. This story will be in both Misty's and Ash's POV maybe someone else's but mainly their POV. Next chapter will be Ash's POV while he's coming to Kanto with the Kalos gang. This prologue is taking place around the time Ash left for Unova.