Nightmares and Dreams: Chapter 2

Her head ducked under a thorn bush, seeing a big clump of feathers right under it. She slashed her claws out, hooking a feather with her claw. She dragged her arm out of the thorn bush, a large thorn planted into her arm. She let out a grunt of pain, the thorn trailing blood down her arm. She stood on three legs, limping back to the den. As she ducked under the den entrance, her ears flattening against the ferns. "Go to Tide, Pebble." Red Eclipse just glanced up at her, glancing back down at her dusty moss. She limped towards Tide, his ears flattened against his small skull. "Tide, I got a thorn in my arm." She laid her arm in front of Tide's large nose. His eyes flickered open. "Alright. Is Wave awake?" Tide's gaze turned towards her brother. He was clawing up some moss. "Wave! Get some cobwebs for Pebble, wont you?" Wave nodded simply. She stared at the thorn, as it was driven into her arm. "Ok, hold still. This will hurt, but it'll hurt more if I dont." Tide pushed his muzzle towards the thorn, biting into the thorn. She forced herself to stay still, clenching her teeth. Tide tore out the thorn wall she let out a hiss of pain. "Lap the wound firmly before I put the cobwebs on." Tide instructed her. She nodded, licking the wound. Her tongue ran over her wound repeatedly. As she pushed her head back, letting Tide wrap the wound in silky cobwebs. She nodded in thanks, walking back to her nest.

     She laced the feathers on the first layer of the moss, their soft, silky brushes creating a comfy nest. She ran her muzzle threw the moss, checking for any thorns. Couldn't she find a bunch of feathers in a holly bush? Why a thorn bush. She ignored the thought, seeing a dark brown thorn sticking between a patch of moss. She stuck her muzzle into the moss, her fangs gripping the thorn. She yanked it out, spitting it onto the ground. She settled down in the moss, her tail swiping over her nose. She already heard Wave snoring beside her nest. She sighed, flattening her ears against her skull. All she could think about was scary thoughts. Dying cats flickered in her mind. She squirmed around in her nest, suddenly stopping.

      Her gaze flickered around the area. She saw two shadowy cats standing on rocks, water gurgling beneath them. For a second she thought she was deaf, until she heard the hissing. thunder, and snarling. Her ears flattened against her skull, watching as the shadowy cats lashed out there claws at four other cats. The four cats were also like shadows, but there fangs and claws.. were like knives! As the two cats fought back, one shoved him off the rock. She tried to run and help, but she couldn't move. Her legs were frozen. She could just watch the horror held beneath her, the smash of hurling teeth and claws. As the cat plunged into the gurgling water, his pelt changed to a outline of stars. The stars glowed bright as the river seemed to wash him away. The second cat, a bit smaller, was pinned to the ground. His throat was pouring blackness. The cats tossed him into the river, them retreating to the other side. What have I seen.. this is terrible!

     She gagged for breath as a cold icy shot ran threw her. She clenched her eyes shut, her claws digging into the ground. As she forced her eyes open, she saw many cats, glowing and walking towards her. She felt relieved that she was able to move again. As a large, bunched up tom stepped forward, she crouched down. A small, slick shecat stepped forward as well. "Who are you.. why am I here!" She hissed, her claws digging into the earths plank. It looked nothing like her home, prey filled the breeze, ferns and grass spurted between rocks. "I am Bramblefoot. And this is Sweetwind." The tom bent down to her. "We died many moons ago. But, we have came to guide you threw the horrid, twisted paths that are laid ahead." Sweetwind sat down beside her, her soft, fluffy tail comforting the surprise shock that had just ran threw her. She shook her head, not knowing why they were here. Rouges had no religion... none! "Why are you here? I don't believe you guys are real!" She spat at the large tom. Her fur spiked against Sweetwind's tail. "No. But we believe you are a clan cat, Pebble. Accept this. Its your fate." Bramblefoot bent down, his large tongue running between her ears. "Sleep well, the horrors are starting. Keep safe, sweetie." Sweetwind nuzzled against her for a second, before bounding besides Bramblefoot. She hissed in confusion, her vision blurring from the cats. She once again flickered her eyes open to the den.

The.. the horrors are starting?

Well, sorry its a bit short. Im gonna try to post a lot <3