Chapter 1: A solution for jealousy

Have any of you found the perfect girl? That one who makes your heart flutter every time you see her? Maybe you know what I’m talking about. I found her one fateful day. This girl was literally perfect in every way. Unfortunately I was shy, so I couldn’t do anything about how I felt. Uncomfortable feelings arose every time I saw her. No matter however I tried, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. Whoever thought liking someone would be such a pain? Everything here is a message for any other guy who feels the way I used to. Titled: “A Solution for Jealousy”

~~~~

Winter had already begun. I was one of the less fortunate who couldn’t find real warmth. All I wore over my clothes was a thin scarf. (It didn’t help at all.) My poor-boy appearance was humiliating. I’d hate for anyone to see me like this. But she was there.

Hearing her voice, I hid behind a corner close by. I tried to breathe calmly. I felt uncomfortable, even though it made me happy to see her. What had caused this discomfort was what I could hear her friends talking to her about. In the midst of all the giggling and girly jokes, I could hear their conversation continued. I felt like a stalker but I couldn’t help but to keep listening.

“Hey, Akari! Who do you like?” asked one of her friends asked again, making my mind dive into their conversation.

“Yeah! Who do you like?” another girl chimed.

I peeked from my corner to see Akari as she answered. She shyly scratched the back of her neck.

“W-Well…”

I ducked behind the corner.

“Aghh! I hate these conversation topics! But still, w-why do I keep listening? Ugh! I’m such creep!”

Why was I listening to them? I kept asking myself over and over. Despite my inner denial, I already knew the answer. I wanted to know who she liked besides me… What kept me listening was ugly jealousy. And I didn’t even know who…

“What’s wrong?” one of my friends, Haruki, asked as he approached me.

“Its nothing…” I said as I buried my face into my thin scarf.

He expressed worry when I didn’t say anything else.

“Are you sure?”

I frowned at the ground. That’s why I don’t like Haruki sometimes. He’s a good friend to me, but his pushiness to help me can be annoying sometimes. Now would be a perfect example. He was shouting like an idiot as he waved his hands in front of my face.

“Hey! Mochita? Speak to me! HEY!”
I only attempted to burry my face deeper into my scarf as we finished walking to school. Haruki gave up by the time we arrived.

Our first period was Math… I hate that class. All math does is give you awful headaches. It’s so pointless with it’s numbers and letters-that mean numbers. I hate math.

“-alright, so X is equal to -11.” Said the Math Teacher I wanted to tune out. “This is going to be on the test! So, make sure you all study hard okay?” the other students nodded in unison.

Math class ended when the bell rang. I slowly walked to the boy’s locker room. My next class was P.E. Who wouldn’t want to take part with a cold weather like this?

The whole class was split in two. Boys were to do Dodge ball while girls did Tennis. The boys stayed in the GYM. We could see the girls enter the Tennis court. It started once teams were formed. We tried our best not to get hit as the ball started bouncing around the room.

“Ha, I’m going to get you!” shouted one guy to another as he threw the ball towards his target-only to fail his shot.

“Not in your life, idiot!” teased the missed target.