Confession Rehearsal (Part 2)

———

Setoguchi Yuu

Birthday: July 11
Horoscope Sign: Cancer
Blood Type: AB

Natsuki's childhood friend. In the Film Research Club. A nice person, and popular in class. Has a younger sister.

practice 2

The second day after the confession rehearsal, Natsuki stared at the calendar in her room.

'What do I do? No matter how many times I check, it's Saturday.....'

She knew that she was just kidding herself. Of course she was completely aware of what day it was. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been drawing comics until morning, and she hadn't panicked at all even when waking up well into the afternoon.

But when confronting it anew like this, she couldn't help but worry.

Rehearsal or not, it was the first weekend after she'd confessed.

Pulling back the curtains, she could see Yuu's room on the second floor of the house next door.

Since they lived right next to each other, and their mothers were good friends, they often went to each other's house since they were young.

This continued even after they entered high school, and it had become a habit to hang out together during the weekend at either of their houses. Natsuki always went over under the pretext of asking Yuu to help her study.

'It wouldn't be like me to say something like, "I came over because I wanted to see you,"'

Natsuki sighed, and picked up the math worksheet sitting on the edge of her desk.

"Oh well, I guess I'll go over."

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Even though she'd come all fired up, unfortunately, Yuu wasn't home.

With mixed feelings of relief and disappointment, Natsuki forced a laugh.

"I see.... I guess I'll just head home for today, then."

"Ehh—? I think he should be back soon, so let's play games while we wait,"

The girl that said this while pouting was Yuu's little sister, Hina.

She was in the same grade as Natsuki's little brother, a first year in high school, but she was much cuter simply for being a girl. Her kitten-like playfulness immediately lifted up her dented mood.

"Sure. Wanna do leveling? Or battle mode?"

"Both!"

When Hina smiled innocently, she felt just a bit nervous.

Each time she smiled happily with her drooping eyes, Yuu's face would come to mind.

'Since they're siblings, it's only natural that they'd look alike, but.....'

It wasn't just their physical characteristics; they had other things in common, as well.

"Nacchan, something happened between you and my brother."

Hina was in the middle of letting herself into Yuu's room when she suddenly turned to Natsuki.

Natsuki, who had been following behind her, was taken by surprise with the sudden question.

'Unless I was just imagining it, she said that as a statement, and not a question, right!?'

The way that Hina looked straight at her with convinced eyes made her uncomfortable.