0.1

April 26, 2016

*cell ringing*

I answer my phone without looking at the caller ID.

'Hello?'

'Hey belle.' Ash.

'Hey ash. You good?'

'Yeah. I'm fine.' He didn't sound fine. Ugh. I hear him sniffle in the background and I start to grab my car keys. I always do whenever this happens.

'No. You're obviously not. I'm coming over now.'

'I guess. Love you belle.'

'Love you too ash.' The call ends.

He should know by now that I always know whenever he's not fine. He's my best friend and I would do anything for him. He's been in a relationship for a while now and I don't even think it's working out. I mean, she could be there right now helping him out but no, she's out with her friends, maybe she's cheating on him. Good thing he called me, I would never hurt him. Maybe that's why he called, maybe they broke up. I don't know, so I'm not gonna assume anything till then.

10 minutes after I'm at his house. I already have a key so there's no need for me to knock or anything.

'Hello. Ash!?'

'I'm up here!' He yells to me as I'm taking my shoes off and putting my purse on the couch. As I'm walking up the steps I see little pieces of glass and I instantly end up being the dumb one and cut myself. Great, just great. Now there's two problems I have to deal with. I scowl at myself and make my way to his room while limping.

'Why is there glass in the hallway to the steps?' Ash is sitting on his bedroom floor looking at a picture. Then I notice there's blood too. Oh no.

'Ash, what happened?' I limp over to him of course and crouch down to sit next to him. I grab his arm that's covered with blood and he yanks it away from me. He moves his body facing the other way from me. I get up again and just decide to stand. His hand is covering his arm.

'Ash. Look at me. Why did you cut yourself? Tell me. Now.' He moves his hair out of his face and looks up. His eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks are tear stained.

'She-' he starts crying again.

'She what?' He doesn't answer.

'Ash, what did Kendall do?' He doesn't answer. Ugh.

'Alright, fine. I'll find out myself.'

'She cheated on me with someone and now they date. She moved her things out today. I came home, came up here, saw that her stuff was gone, and she came here an hour before you got here to tell me that she cheated and wasn't gonna be with me anymore. She said she doesn't love me like how she used to.' He stopped crying while saying this and I don't know what to say. All I feel like saying is that she's a total c***. I've hated her ever since they started dated and I'm so glad I did. I knew she wasn't worth it.

'I knew it. I knew I had a reason for not liking her. But there was no point in it for you having to cut yourself. Let me clean it up in the bathroom and wrap it.'

'Belle, please. Can you stay with me for a couple days? I really need to get things off of my mind. Are you limping?'

'Yeah since there's glass on the steps! I cut the bottom of my foot. But sure. I'll stay. I'll always be there for you. Whenever you need me, I'm here.' I help him up to the bathroom. He leans in to give me a hug and I hug him back. Now I probably have blood on my shirt.

'And you should help me clean up this made you made.' I tell him about the glass and he laughs.

'Yeah yeah, maybe later.' I sigh.

'Thanks for coming here, even though you didn't have to.'

'Well I always have to because you never know what you're going to do. You need me, just like I need you. You're my best friend.'

'Thanks belle. I love you.'

'I love you too ash.' Ugh. I just hoped he knew that I loved him more than this. Than just best friends.