3| The Third Album

(Set in November 2014)

A/N: This one shot is inspired by Little Mix's interview on Loose Women back in November 2015. Hope you like it💗

Jesy's POV

Jade, Leigh-Anne,Perrie and I are currently sat in the studio listening to the finished tracks for our third album before we decide to call it the official third album.

At the beginning of the album we all were loving how it sounded but as time progressed we could see just from each other's faces that we didn't believe our third album had reached its full potential.

As we sat around in a circle, I looked at each of the other girls faces and I knew they were thinking what I was thinking, we hated it.

"We can't release this.." I blurt out.

I watch as the other girls look at me with a small smile on their faces.

"I'm so glad you were all thinking the same thing" Leigh-Anne reveals.

"It's just not us..." Perrie agrees, with Jade nodding her head.

"So what do we do now?" Jade asks.

"We start again" I declare.

As we all prepare to leave the studio, I grab my jacket and look towards the girls who are grabbing their belongings.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Perrie asks while putting on her denim jacket.

"We call management tomorrow and tell them we're starting fresh.." Leigh-Anne declares as we all begin to walk out of the studio.

"Will they allow us?" Jade asks, worried of the consequences.

"We'll worry about that tomorrow" I say confidently, even though there's a little part of me which is scared for their reaction.

As we continue to walk down to the car park, the girls and I discuss silly things such as what we're going to have for dinner or what TV shows we're going to catch up on until we reach our cars.

"Nanite girls, see you tomorrow" Jade shouts before driving off.

As I was driving back to the house Jake and I share, he texted me saying he was at his mum's house and that I should meet him there. I just needed to see him after the day I had had so I began to drive round to Coleen's house.

Pulling up into her drive, I park up outside and turn off the engine. I wipe away the tears which had fallen during the drive as I couldn't stop thinking about how much work the girls and I had put into this album yet it wasn't good enough.

I take out my phone of my bag and text Jake telling him that I'm outside.

I grab my bag off of the passenger seat and lock my car before walking towards the front door

I grab my bag off of the passenger seat and lock my car before walking towards the front door. I know I'll have to tell Jake that we're scraping the album but I just don't think I can without crying.

Just as I'm about to knock on the door, Jake opens it with a smile on his face as big as the sun.

"Hey kiddo" Jake says before embracing me in a tight hug. I reciprocate the embrace and bury my face in his chest. As Jake let's go of me to fully welcome me into the house, I try and hide my tear stained cheeks.

"Whoa what happened? Why are you crying?" Jake panics, holding onto my shoulders.

"It's not good enough" I say quietly, looking down at the floor.

"What's not good enough, Jes please tell me what's happened" Jake asks worryingly, removing his hands from my shoulders and moving them to hold my face.

"The album.." I manage to get out as the tears begin to fall again. "We just hate it Jake.. we're gonna have to do it all again" I cry before falling into his chest.

"Awh Jes, Come 'ere" Jake replies, wrapping his arms around me. I try and control my breathing as I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I feel Jake lean down and kiss the top of my head.

After what seems like hours, Jake pulls me away from his chest and uses his thumbs to wipe away the remaining tears from my face.

"Are you feeling a little better?" Jake asks me, taking ahold of my hands.

I nod and look at him straight in the eyes, "Now that I'm with you, yes" I reply.

"Oh Jessica, how cliche of you" Jake looks at me and winks. A small smile appears on my face and I playfully hit his shoulder.

"Now, come on, let's go cuddle on the sofa and watch some of your favourite tv" Jake declares, pulling my into Coleen's living room.