Birthday Part 2

(A/N: Okay so first this chapter is sort of a mess. I just updated Wattpad and so now everything is new to me. What that means is I forgot to save my drafts at least 3 times... I appreciate your patience with me and my late updates. I have to make a part 3. Also, everyone who's given me requests and stuff, I'm still working on them. I haven't forgotten. Happy Reading!)

     Several hours after Lucy had fallen asleep, George had woken up to the smell of burning bacon.

     What's that smell? George thought. It something... Burning? I guess I would go check.

     George then walked to the kitchen, and when he got there, he found the whole kitchen was a mess, and Lockwood standing in the center of the chaos.

     "Lockwood, do you even know how to cook?" George muttered sleepily.

     "Um... Maybe..." Lockwood said quietly.

     George sighed. "Help me clean up and then I'll make breakfast."

     "Okay. Should I go wake up Lucy?"

     "Considering how much mess there is everywhere, probably not." George said.

     "But-"

     "You're the one who suggested we go all out for her birthday. And you're the one who thought it would be a good idea to cook breakfast all by yourself when you know you can't make toast to save your life!"

     "Well I'm sorry that I wanted to make breakfast and be able to say 'here you go, I made breakfast!'"

     "Is there any other reason you wanted to make breakfast? Or maybe there's something more to this than just breakfast. Maybe you-"

     "No! No there's no reason I'm doing this other than she deserves it." Lockwood said quickly.

     "Are you sure? Because I don't think you are." George said.

     "Yes."

     No, I want to impress her. She's beautiful and perfect and deserves a wonderful day. Lockwood thought. So I'm going to give her one.

     "Lockwood?"

     "Yes?"

     "I think we both know that you like Lucy." George said.

     "I- what? No! I mean yes she's amazing, but I don't- I don't like her like that!" Lockwood protested.

     "Like I'm going to believe that. You mouth what you're thinking sometimes."

     "Did I just-"

     "Yes you did." George said, smirking slightly.

     "Oh... Oops..."

     "I knew you liked her!" George said triumphantly.

     "Just- keep quiet and don't tell her."

     "Tell who what?" Lucy asked from the doorway.

     "Uh, good morning love! Happy birthday!" Lockwood said cheerily, walking over to her and kissing her cheek. "How did you sleep?"

     "Thanks, and considering I had to sleep with all of the thoughts and speculations about what you have planned for today, I slept well. Now who is this 'she' and what are we not telling her?"

     "That's great! George is making breakfast, so just sit down and relax."

     "Okay, but what about this 'her' and-"

     "It doesn't matter, just relax." Lockwood said, cutting Lucy off.

     "Uhm, okay..." Lucy muttered.

     "Good. George, are you done with breakfast yet?" Lockwood asked.

     "I would be, but you burnt the bacon and now we don't have any."

     "Uh... Make biscuits?" Lockwood suggested.

     "Biscuits are good." Lucy said.

     George looked from Lucy, who looked like she honestly didn't care, to Lockwood, who had a look on his face that said "what other option do we have" and then back to Lucy.

     "I guess I can make biscuits." George said. "It might take a while, but I can make them."

     "Yess!" Lucy said quietly.

     Lockwood laughed. "I see someone likes biscuits."

     "Who doesn't?"

     "Well," George said, "my friend-"

     "That was rhetorical." Lucy said.

     "Eh, I can answer it anyways."

     "Do you understand how rhetorical questions work?" Lucy asked.

     "Of course I do!" George scoffed.

     "Then you don't answer it." Lucy said plainly.

     "Anyways... Lucy we're going to have do much fun! We're going to go to a carnival and I have something special planned for dinner-"

     "What did you plan?" Lucy asked.

     "You'll find out later. I planned more than that. You'll have to wait and see what though." Lockwood said.

     "Please tell me what you planned! Or at least give me a hint." Lucy said.

     "Okay, your hint is we'll be outside most of the day. If not all day."

     "That's it? No more hints?" Lucy asked.

     "You never gave specifics on what you wanted a hint on, so that's the best I could do." Lockwood said, shrugging.

     "How about a hint for dinner?"

     "That's the one thing I won't tell you about."

     "But Lockwood!"

     "Nope." Lockwood said, smirking.

     "Fine..." Lucy muttered.

     "Biscuits!" George interjected, setting down biscuits and tea on the table.

     "Yay!" Lucy said, taking a biscuit.

     Lockwood laughed, amused at her behavior.

     I hope tonight is the best night of your life. Lockwood thought, staring at her.

     "Lockwood? Aren't you going to eat?" Lucy asked.

     "Hm? Oh, yeah..." Lockwood muttered, taking a biscuit.

     "You two are weird, but I guess you're perfect for each other." George said to himself, shaking his head.