Chapter 3: 'Raid Break'

Chapter 3

I am stuck on the spot as the siren gets louder and louder. Blue and red lights flashing on and off, blinding anyone who looks at it. People are running everywhere, throwing their red cups on the ground, quickly climbing on their cars as the first cop arrives grabbing some random guy.

"CLOE RUN!", Analys shouted, snapping me. I turned where her voice was coming and saw her and Patrick already near the game center with worried expressions. I start to run together with the sea of people as the cops arrested the drunk ones. A cop saw me and I started to run.

Shit!

I quickly scanned through the crowd and noticed that Eric's car is gone.

Good. At least he's already on the move.

I started to shove people away as I started to panic. I looked back as I ran and saw that the cop is still chasing me, closing our distance. I ran as fast as I could and looked for Analys and Patrick. They're gone.

Shit! Where are they?

Did the cops get them? No! They're too far. They must be in the car now. I just need to get there. I looked back and saw that the cop who was chasing me arrested some drunk girl. I relaxed a little but still kept on running when suddenly someone grabbed my left arm and pulled me to a stop.

"Stop!", the officer shouted.

Oh no!

"NO!!", I thrashed as the officer held my arm firmly. I desperately tried to remove my arm from his grip but he held me painfully that I have to close my eyes and bite my lips to avoid screaming. I continued thrashing and punching the officer but it is hard when a trained man who has done this thing a million times with strength that could easily break an arm holds you with vice grip hands. The officer grabbed my golden brown hair and this time a defeated scream came out of me.

"You are under a...", he never got to finish his sentence. The officer released my hair, pulling off some strands. I opened my eyes to see what's going on.

Believe it or not, time warped itself and slowed down as I witness Brian perfectly punch the officer at the jaw, knocking him to the ground. Brian gasps for air as he looks at me with a relief expression. I stare at him in horror and then at the officer who is lying between us.

"Is he...", I stammered. Oh my god is he dead?

"No. Just knocked down.", Brian says, catching his breath, his eyes wild in triumph.

"That won't hold him any longer. Let's go!", Brian grabbed my right arm and I'm thankful it's not my left because it is pounding in pain. He leads me to his car and opens it with his remote key. He quickly climbs in as I stand in front of his car with no idea of what to do.

"Get in!", Brian commanded. I nodded at him and quickly made my way to the passenger seat and closed the door. I am still breathless as I climbed in. I gaped as I get a good look of the car's interior.

Wow! His car is...WOW!

It is all leathery black with a minty scent. A GPS and some sleek modern buttons that glows bright red, which I think is too many, sits in front of us. It is clean compared to Patrick's car where you have to deal with garbages as company at the back seat. I was about to compliment Brian when I saw at the right side mirror that the cops are already on the move.

"Hold on.", Brian says.

Fuck!

He suddenly but smoothly backed the car as the cops came near us. I almost had a heart attack at the sudden speed. Brian is doing 70! I looked for the seatbelt as Brian stirred the car to the main street. Pulling the seatbelt, I quickly strapped it on me as Brian's speed keeps getting higher and higher. 80, 85, 90... he is doing a full 100! I glanced at his confident look while here I am scared to death.