Ignite

The traffic in LA is horrible. Especially on a Saturday night. Grace was aware of this so each time she had to drive back to her house late at night, she took a different way in hopes that it would be faster. After the party she just came from, she definitely wanted to get home as soon as possible. She looked at the clock on her radio. 3:52. All she wanted to do was go to sleep. The original plan was to bring Mamrie home after the party but the redhead took a cab home two hours earlier because she didn't feel well. Grace insisted that she bring Mamrie home which wouldn't have been an issue since they live five minutes away from each other but Mamrie refused and told her to stay and have fun at the party.

As she drives through the foggy air, she sighs. She doesn't really like the party scene anymore. Especially when she isn't drinking. However, she enjoys being in control of herself and making sure everyone gets home safely. Some would say she's the mom of the group.

Driving through the familiar neighborhood of Mamrie's, she spots something weird in the corner of her eye. Mamrie's house stood still and dark but there was something coming out of the kitchen window. It looked like smoke. But maybe it was just the hazy LA air. The blonde decides to pull into Mamrie's driveway to get a better look. Now, she sees, she was right. She swiftly puts her car in park and runs toward the front of the house. The thought of losing Mamrie runs through her head as she pounds on the wooden door screaming her name over and over again. No answer. She can't lose her. She just can't. Eventually, she decides to just go into the home she knows all too well. Mamrie is nowhere in sight so she runs over to the kitchen and sees a thick black smoke coming out of the oven. She knows what to do. She read an article about this the other day. The blonde searches through Mamrie's cabinets in search of the baking soda and eventually grabs it. Opening the oven carefully, she covers her face as the gas floats in front of her. She takes an oven mitt and waves it back and forth toward the window to lead the smoke out. Turning the oven off, she realizes that the smoke detector isn't going off. Wait, there's no smoke detector. Ugh. Fuckin' Mamrie. She groans to herself and she pulls out the food that was cooking. She has no idea what it is because it's all black and burnt. Throwing it on the counter, she takes a deep breath.

"Mamrie?" Grace yells.

She walks through the living room and knocks on the bedroom door. There's no answer but she hears Beanz barking quietly. She opens the door slowly and sees Mamrie sit up and rub her eyes.

"Grace?"

"Mamrie what the fuck? You had an oven fire and I had to put it out!"

"Oh no! My veggie chicken nuggets!"

Mamrie jumps out of bed and sprints to the kitchen. She coughs heavily as thick black smoke fills her lungs. Grace rubs her back as they take a seat on the couch in the living room. Once Grace can tell that Mamrie is okay, she turns cold.

"Mamrie, what is wrong with you? You don't even have smoke detectors. That's illegal, ya know."

"Well I had them and then they kept going off and wouldn't shut up so I had to get rid of them. I haven't gotten around to get more. I've been meaning to," Mamrie shrugs as she rubs her eyes again.

"You can't just put off things like that, Mamrie! What the hell? When were you gonna get around to it, huh? Next month? Next year?" Grace's voice raises as she yells. She's furious.

"Calm down, will you? Chill. Everything is fine now."

"What do you mean calm down. If I hadn't been driving through your neighborhood, your house would be up in flames right now and you wouldn't know because you don't have a fucking smoke detector. Who knows if you'd even be alive!"

"Alright Grace let's not get carried away. Besides, it's not my fault," Mamrie states.

"Oh it isn't? Then whose is it because it sure as hell isn't mine," Grace crosses her arms.

"It is," Mamrie gets up and goes toward the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"Um excuse me what? How the hell is you almost burning down your house, my fault?" Grace stands up, walking up to Mamrie who is sipping her water.

"I fell asleep. You tired me out earlier," Mamrie smirks.

Oh.

"Well you weren't complaining. You loved it," Grace says in a low hush. She can't stay mad at Mamrie when her hair is all tousled and her voice is all raspy and sexy.

"Hm. Yeah. Well, I'm wide awake now, Gracie."

Grace doesn't even give her time to set her water bottle down. She immediately pushes her into the wall and locks her lips with Mamrie's. The water bottle quickly falls, spilling all over the floor. Mamrie decided that threading her fingers through blonde waves was way more important than hanging onto her beverage. Grace's fingers, however, found their way up Mamrie's t-shirt and traced patterns on soft skin.

"You fucking scared me. I thought you were dead," Grace says as Mamrie attacks her neck in gentle bites and kisses.

"You're hot when you're mad. Maybe I should set fires more often," Mamrie giggles as Grace swiftly takes off Mamrie's shirt.

Oh god. That giggle. It melts her heart every time.

"I'm still mad at you," Grace whispers in her ear.

Despite the shiver that runs through her body, Mamrie laughs and bites down hard on Grace's collar bone. She hears a moan in return.

"Well I'm mad that your clothes aren't off yet so I guess we're even."

Grace blushes and leans forward into the redhead.

"Why don't you fix that then, hm?" Grace sinks her teeth into her bottom lip.

Mamrie practically rips the blouse off of the blonde and pops open the button of her jeans.

"Bedroom?" Mamrie looks up into deep brown eyes.

Grace shakes her head and takes a soft hand into hers, leading her toward the couch.

"I can't make it to the bedroom," Grace says as she plops down on the couch, pulling Mamrie on top of her. Mamrie says nothing in return, instead she attaches her lips to a writhing chest as her hand moves lower and lower until she reaches Grace's waistband. She tugs at it teasingly but Grace groans so she decides to give Grace what she wants as she dips her fingers past black lace.

Mamrie's touch ignites something in Grace's body and she learns that Mamrie tends to set fire to everything she touches. Including her.