the kardashians

"Shh," Dimitri Remme hisses, lifting a finger to his lips. He flattens himself even further against the pockmarked brick alley wall, frantically beckoning Isavela to join him in the stance. "Don't write the blurb now. Kendall Jenner just walked past. We have more recording to do."

"We're not doing the recording," Isavela whispers pointedly, but she grudgingly copies his stance anyway. "Our cameras are. Which, by the way, if you can't remember, cost us a hell of a fortune, Dimitri. But you probably don't remember because you have short term memory loss, as demonstrated by the time you forgot you had a date that one night and you scheduled three dates in a row."

Dimitri pauses his intent scrutinization of the bustling street to shoot his best friend a glare. "Stop reminding me of that, asshole."

Isavela snorts. "It's true."

"Okay," says Dimitri, "Laskos."

"Don't call me that," grumbles Isavela.

Dimitri shoves a lock of dirty blonde hair out of his face and grins triumphantly. "Why not? It's your name," he says innocently. "Just not your first name."

Isavela rolls her eyes. "Why did I agree to do this documentary with you?"

"Because you're stuck with me, that's why," says Dimitri. "And because you've never been able to resist joining in on my annual summer projects."

"More like I feel bad that my poor best friend has nobody else who wants to do it with him."

"I'll have you know that many girls want to do it with me." Dimitri smirks lewdly.

Isavela rolls her eyes. "How are you nineteen? Sometimes, Dimitri, I wonder what you're doing with your life." 

"Yeah, you and me both, Vela." Dimitri ducks down, peering around the wall. "Okay, shut up for real. Kim's about to walk up, and I don't want even our slightest whispers caught on the tape when she starts talking."