Chapter 1

Ava's POV:

I had never been to school before so my mum homeschooled me even though my older brother Josh went to school. I had managed to persuade my Daddy and Josh to let me go to school if I promised to be a good girl and the fact that I mentioned that Josh was going to be there to look over me.

So tomorrow I was starting my first day of school and I was beginning to get nervous about starting school as I had never been to one before.

I was in my garden laying on the grass whilst reading my book in the sunshine.

"Sweetheart come here please!" I heard my mother call from the kitchen.

I folded my page over and skipped inside. "What's up?" I asked.

"Well tomorrow you're going to be starting the same school as your brother so we just wanted you to know that if anything happens you are to always to go to Josh for help. Understand?" My Dad interrogated.

"Yes I know we've already been through this Daddy." I told him.

"I know but my little Princess is leaving me." He cried.

"I'm hardly leaving you. I'm only going to school besides Josh goes to school and it's not like he's left you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay okay." He huffed. "Now there's an important pack meeting that the Alpha says we have to go to so unfortunately you're going to have to come as well."

Before I could open my mouth my mother interrupted me, "Before you try to argue you're going end of story, there is no way to get out of it, Alpha's orders."

"I haven't even met the Alpha." I grumbled.

"You met the old Alpha but it's now been passed down to his son Drew. I'm sure you'll meet him tonight." She promised.

"Uh huh." I mumbled.

"He's my best mate I still don't know how you two haven't met yet." Josh said. "Plus there's an exciting announcement tonight."

"Really? Like what?" I said eagerly.

"Nuh uh, you'll just have to wait like everyone else." Josh said.

"Whyyyy!" I whined. "Can't you just tell me?"

"No you'll just have to wait." He said finally.

I sighed heavily in defeat.

"We need to get going as I have to be there a bit early." Josh ordered us.

He pushed me out of the house but not before I could grab the book I was reading.

It was rare whenever I went to the pack house as I never went to pack meetings and I didn't really know anyone that was there so I never bothered. Hence why I've never met the Alpha despite him being Josh's best friend.

As soon as we arrived I got out of the car and went to the gazebo where the pack meeting was being held and sat in the corner at the back whilst leaning on the oak tree behind me.

Before I knew it the meeting was starting. I only clapped when Josh was announced Beta and then I just went back to reading my book in my own little world.

I can't believe he didn't tell me he was going to be made Beta. He's so going to pay for that later.

After what seemed like hours but in reality on ten minutes had passed I felt a presence in front of me but didn't bother to look up and just carried on reading.