Again

Typing. Typing. A mouse click. Another mouse click. Endless computer noises filled the silent room. Seven had been working since late at night as hasn't stopped, you were sitting near his bed playing with the bedsheets. You barely drifted off, and eventually woke up an hour later. It's still about 3 am in the morning, the sky sprinkled with stars every now and then. Seven asked a couple times in the hours before to see if you needed anything, if you were okay. You simply gave him a peck on the lips each time as a reminder that you were fine.

Although, now you just resorted to whispering a yes. Your legs hurt. You wished Seven would have more days off, to have more time with him to have fun. Just because he works at home doesn't mean it'll be easier. You sighed softly, gazing at the back of Seven's head. You started to daydream while playing with the fraying ends of bedsheets that reminded you of a special time. These were the sheets you two shared a bed with. Where you slept together for the first time. It wasn't sexual, it was sleeping with each other like a normal couple would. His warmth mixing with yours, how perfectly you two spooned while cuddling, his light kisses which he peppered on your face. You always took sleeping together as a step forward, although you admit most people wouldn't think of it as such a huge step, but you did.

You had shut out most people in your life after a break up with an ex who said they loved you, but really didn't. It was hard for you to have close relationships or friendships with anyone after. Seven felt different though. Something about him felt real. It didn't seem forced, or nervous. It was genuine. Something you hadn't felt since.. almost too long. Seven was beginning to droop in his chair, letting out a huge sigh. Sending shivers down your spine at the sound.

Seven grunted as he stretched out in his desk chair, spinning round to face you. You, however, did not realize. You were still He noticed your deadpanned expression and began to wonder what was wrong. Was he working too much? Or you said something and he didn't listen?

"Heya, baby?" Seven gave you a worried look.

You didn't respond. You didn't know why either.

"Hey. Y/N. Need a hug?"

You nodded slowly, feeling tears building up. He knew what you were thinking about. If you did not respond it was because you were reliving an emotional past. Good or bad. Except, the expression on your face made it crystal clear to him.

Seven got out of his desk chair and lifted you up off the floor onto his bed. He sat you on his lap and hugged you firmly. You hugged back immediately as if it were your last hug. You wondered what you did to deserve Seven. Even after telling him about your hurt past, he stayed. He didn't call you weak, or unable to love. He gave you patience, a warming welcome, and a whole lot of fun. You started to sniffle at how much you realized this man made an impact on your life. You smiled into the crook of his neck.

"S-Seven..?" You gulped. You were scared to say this. The last time you said it, the response you received was a lie.

"Honey, don't cry. What is it?" He rubbed your back softly and reassuringly, making you feel safe and at home.

You took a deep breath, pulling away from the hug. Tears in eyes and all, looked straight into his bright amber eyes.

"I love you, L-Luciel." Your voice cracked, you started to cry. Awaiting the same response one person had once told you that broke you. Not getting any response but widened eyes, you stared at Seven's chest, avoiding his look. You couldn't see his face, but it returned to the same happy face he always had with you. All you heard afterwards were deep chuckles. 'He's going to say he doesn't love me..' Is fogging up your mind, but you didn't get the feeling he would say such a thing unlike the one who ripped you apart.