#2

(him.)

It was lovely to wake up today.

Silas found himself yawning loudly to clear his blank thoughts, but then it gradually went silent when his eyes locked on Corrin's lightweight body slumped to his chest and all comfortably curled up, still softly sleeping. He smiled to himself, and used the remaining strength he had on his right arm that was free and stroked her cheek, admiring the beauty of the body of a woman he was so proud to call his wife. With his droopy eyes, he stared at her luscious white locks that complimented her fair skin, thinking how much of a lucky man he was to marry her, out of every woman in the army. Even now, not wanting to believe it, that he, was all hers. And all of her, was all his. The loyalty he held onto about protecting her to the very end - he can proudly vow that to his life.

Never again, would he lose the woman of his life.

Her small, hushed breaths heaved on and off from her body - in all honestly, that was all enough for him to calm all of his worrying thoughts, putting those to a complete end. Whenever Corrin expressed her guilt to him, telling him how she never helps him out when he's always cheering her up whenever she needed to, moments like these was just as enough to equal all of the efforts he had done to her.

The still sleepy knight got closer to his sleepy princess and pressed soft kisses all over of her forehead, whilst inching his body closer to hers, embracing his wife as a whole. He wanted her to be in an utmost comfortable position while he was at it, making sure that she can feel appreciated as much as she can, to repay all the distances they had after they were separated.

There was really nothing to do at the moment, but to appreciate the one he was having right now. Silas could stare at her graceful figure for eternity, because the time around them could freeze and their background can turn white and serenity would accompany whenever silence resided. Nothing would've mattered anymore, and not even the war could make him change his mind. By that time, the hands of time can reverse, and memories of the old days would replay. The golden days of his life would remind him how important this princess was to him.

"I will never let you go, love." he swore, inside of his heart. On my honor, as a knight, and as your husband.