Chapter 1

Natsu's POV

Today is my first day at my new highschool, FTH, or, Fairy Tail High. I'm going into eleventh grade. I just moved to Magnolia over the summer. My father, Igneel was fed up with me being bullied everyday for being bisexual. He has a bad spot for homophobics and bullies at the bottom of his heart.

I roll out of bed and go straight to the bathroom, showering fast as I don't want to be late and make a bad impression on the first day.
I quickly dry my now drenched hair with a towel before walking over to my closet. I picked out a simple dark blue T-shirt and skinny jeans matched with a pair of black Converse.

I stopped to think for a second after that, before sighing and grabbing my hoodie. I looked down at the cracked heart on my wrist.

If only I would've been there to protect her! She would still be here.

I sigh once more before slipping the hoodie on, making sure that the sleeves were covering the heart on my wrist.

After slowly desending down the stairs, I sat down at the kitchen table and was greeted with a plate of eggs and toast cooked expertly by father. And by expertly I mean the eggs were undercooked and the toast was burnt, but I was grateful anyway.

"Thanks, dad, but maybe it would be wise to take Wendy up on the offer of cooking lessons."
"Yeah, I know, I know, she asks me if I need help every morning, but I think I am an amazing chef. Like one of those cool dad's, right, bro."
"Dad...do not. Ever. Say bro. Again." "Why? Isn't that what the kids say these days?"

Just then, Wendy san walked downstairs from her room.
"Dad? Are you talking about being cool again?" She said groaning.

Wendy is my little sister, she's going into the eighth grade this year. She used to live with mother until she died, but that was a long time ago so she's gotten used to us. Well, almost used to us. She hates when dad talks about the "cool kids" and being a cool dad. I'm not saying that It doesn't annoy me, but she says that she's way more mature than me, her older brother. Even though she secretly sleeps with a nightlight, seven stuffed animals, and her cat, Carla.
But who am I to judge.

"What's so wrong with me trying to fit in with the youngsters?"
I didn't want to start this conversation, and I guess Wendy didn't either because she replied with, "Bye dad! We'll see you after school. Love you!" We scurried out the door and heard our dad say something that we couldn't really make out so we just kept running.

We reached my car at the end of the driveway and she hopped into the passenger seat as I sat down in the drivers seat and put the keys in the ignition.

*TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY GAJEVY MAKING OUT*

We reached the school after a whole, exausting, excrusiating, painful, five minutes of driving.
We stepped out of my old blue car and closed the doors.
We started our way up the front stairway and I noticed how beautiful the building looked. The sign on the front said "Fairy Tail" in italics and had a weird symbol thing beside the name. It was a big, off white building with a lot of windows and a staircase leading up to the front double doors.
Surrounding the building was a garden that looked like it went around the whole school. And across from that was the parking lot and bus drop off.

We reached the top of the staircase and walked through the double doors, a blast of the cool air conditioning hitting us immediently.

Straight ahead was a long hallway, to the right was what looked like a cafetiria, and to the left wall was the front office sitting beside the nurses office. Also to the left, in front of the office was a staircase that I assumed led to the classrooms.

"Are you nervous Wendy?" I looked down at my little sister who looked pale in the face."N-No! Why would you think that?" She responded quickly, her face reddening at my question. I chuckled lightly.
"Oh nothing. Lets just get our scheduals."

We walked into the office beside us only to be greeted by a line of students picking up their scheduals. I sigh deeply and clutch onto the strap of my red and black bookbag.
"Looks like we'll be waiting for a few minutes." I heard Wendy say as I noticed more people flooding in and making the line longer by standing behind us.

A blonde girl with twintails turned to face me. "It's always this hectic, don't think much of it. You must be new here. Right?"
I was confused as to why this girl was talking to me but I decided to be nice and answer. "Yeah, My sister Wendy and I," I stopped, motioning towards Wendy, "just moved here over the summer."

"Oh ok. Oh, And my name's Lucy Heartfillia by the way, I didn't want you to think I was some murder or something." She giggled lightly, making me smile.
"I'm Natsu Dragneel and as you know this is my sister Wendy Dragneel. And I didn't think you were a murderer, I just found it odd that you would just turn and talk with a stranger."

"I totally understand, I would feel the same if I were you. Oh, I'm next."
I glanced ahead of her as she was handed her schedual. "Thank you." She walked past me. "See you around Natsu!" She waved goodbye and went off to her first class.

I stepped up to the desk and got my schedual and waited for Wendy to ger her's.
After we had both recieved our scheduals, we left the office and decided to part ways and go to our first class.
"I'll see you after school Natsu!" "Bye Wendy!" I waved goodbye to her and she returned the gesture as I began walking off to my first class.